St James The Greater School
St James The Greater School Photo #2 - Our updated computer lab has 25 separate work stations, new CPU's and flat screen monitors. Laptop computers are also available.
St James The Greater School Photo #3 - Students participate in a "Living Rosary" two times per year to demonstrate "Faith in Action".
St James The Greater School Photo #4 - St. James has a spacious dedicated Library for reading, research, & study.
- St. James the Greater School seeks to enrich and develop the spiritual, academic, and social needs of students in an elementary setting (K-8) by providing an excellent Catholic education in an atmosphere of a community which is characterized by mutual love and concern.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full-time learning consultant on staff.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform consists of plaid skirt or blue pants & green polo shirt w/St. James logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,310|
|Tuition Notes||Significant discounts for second and third child. New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year! Scholarships available through the "Alive in Christ!" Scholarship Program. Additional financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$922|
|Admissions Director||Director of Advancement|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Service (grades 5- 8), Bellarmine Speech Team, Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts, Choir, Read, Right & Run!, St. James Youth Group, Student Council, Tuesday Morning Math Club, Young Vincentians|
- SmartBoards in every classroom.
- Full-time Learning Consultant.
- Spanish for all grades (K-8).
- Chinese for all grades (K-8)
- Wireless Response Systems.
- New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year!
- "Carlson's Kids" Pre-Kindergarten - separate 3 and 4-year-old classrooms / Project Construct Curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 223 students
5821 Pernod Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)752-4171 2 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 185 students
906 Eichelberger St
Saint Louis, MO 63111
(314)353-2455 4.6 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 353 students
3964 Castleman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314)776-7837 2.6 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)721-4422 1.4 NS-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.