St James The Greater School
St James The Greater School Photo #2 - A new playground structure has been installed for the 2012-13 school year.
St James The Greater School Photo #3 - Our updated computer lab has 25 separate work stations, new CPU's and flat screen monitors. Laptop computers are also available.
St James The Greater School Photo #4 - Students participate in a "Living Rosary" two times per year to demonstrate "Faith in Action".
- St. James the Greater School seeks to enrich and develop the spiritual, academic, and social needs of students in an elementary setting (K-8) by providing an excellent Catholic education in an atmosphere of a community which is characterized by mutual love and concern.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full-time learning consultant on staff.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform consists of plaid skirt or blue pants & green polo shirt w/St. James logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,310|
|Tuition Notes||Significant discounts for second and third child. New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year! Scholarships available through the "Alive in Christ!" Scholarship Program. Additional financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$922|
|Admissions Director||Director of Advancement|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Service (grades 5- 8), Bellarmine Speech Team, Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts, Choir, Read, Right & Run!, St. James Youth Group, Student Council, Tuesday Morning Math Club, Young Vincentians|
- SmartBoards in every classroom.
- Full-time Learning Consultant.
- Spanish for all grades (K-8).
- Chinese for all grades (K-8)
- Wireless Response Systems.
- New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year!
- "Carlson's Kids" Pre-Kindergarten - separate 3 and 4-year-old classrooms / Project Construct Curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 223 students
5821 Pernod Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)752-4171 2 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 185 students
906 Eichelberger St
Saint Louis, MO 63111
(314)353-2455 4.6 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 353 students
3964 Castleman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314)776-7837 2.6 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)721-4422 1.4 NS-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.