St James The Greater School
Tel: (314) 647-5244
St James The Greater School Photo #2 - A new playground structure has been installed for the 2012-13 school year.
St James The Greater School Photo #3 - Our updated computer lab has 25 separate work stations, new CPU's and flat screen monitors. Laptop computers are also available.
St James The Greater School Photo #4 - Students participate in a "Living Rosary" two times per year to demonstrate "Faith in Action".
- St. James the Greater School seeks to enrich and develop the spiritual, academic, and social needs of students in an elementary setting (K-8) by providing an excellent Catholic education in an atmosphere of a community which is characterized by mutual love and concern.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full-time learning consultant on staff.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform consists of plaid skirt or blue pants & green polo shirt w/St. James logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,310|
|Tuition Notes||Significant discounts for second and third child. New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year! Scholarships available through the "Alive in Christ!" Scholarship Program. Additional financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$922|
|Admissions Director||Director of Advancement|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Service (grades 5- 8), Bellarmine Speech Team, Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts, Choir, Read, Right & Run!, St. James Youth Group, Student Council, Tuesday Morning Math Club, Young Vincentians|
- SmartBoards in every classroom.
- Full-time Learning Consultant.
- Spanish for all grades (K-8).
- Chinese for all grades (K-8)
- Wireless Response Systems.
- New K-8 families receive $500 tuition discount for the 2013-14 school year!
- "Carlson's Kids" Pre-Kindergarten - separate 3 and 4-year-old classrooms / Project Construct Curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: 1-8 | 96 students
5821 Pernod Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314) 752-4171 2 1-8
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 181 students
906 Eichelberger St
Saint Louis, MO 63111
(314) 353-2455 4.6 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 395 students
3964 Castleman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314) 776-7837 2.6 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 721-4422 1.4 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.