- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375-390 students in Preschool through 8th grade.
- The school's mission is to "develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world" and believes in the whole child philosophy of educating young minds.
- Nestled in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, the Seven Hills campus sits on 9 acres of former ranchland, in the shadow of Mt. Diablo.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(K-5 wear school uniforms, preschool and Middle School do not)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rates from $14,100 to $26,200 depending on grade level. Robust financial aid program to ensure accessibility to families for whom Seven Hills is a great fit.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susanne Goldman|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Cushing|
|Endowment Size||4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Golf, Rock Climbing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Cooking Classes, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, Odyssey of the Mind, ROV, Video Production Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, ROV, Cooking Classes,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375 students in Preschool through 8th grade. Accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Seven Hills is also an active member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). and other independent school associations. Seven Hills enjoys a long standing partnership with educational institutions nationwide.
- At Seven Hills our mission is, "to develop the intellect, engage the spirit and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world." We are a community of parents, educators and students who are committed to lifelong learning. We enjoy an environment in which a student`s curiosity is inspired, engaged, and rewarded. And we support educators who value professional development, lead each other and their peers to best practices, and accomplish all of this in a spirit of collegiality.
- Our campus, nine acres of former ranchland set back behind Heather Farm Park, is a student-centered environment that provides a myriad of experiences for our children. Step out of our 21st century classrooms and along a babbling brook which meanders through campus. Stop by our lunch tables and watch children play on our huge outdoor chessboard.
- On any given day, you might see Shakespeare performed or Beethoven rehearsed; a rocket launched or a volleyball serve perfected. Our spacious library has room for quiet, introspective readers and a stage for gregarious story tellers.
- We understand that from day one, you have wanted only what is best for your child. At The Seven Hills School, we too want what is best for each child and we look forward to our partnership in your child`s educational journey. We are proud that Seven Hills is a place where each child finds joy in learning and leaves ready for the next academic adventure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
Walnut CreekGrades: PK-12 | 266 students
2721 Larkey Lane
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
ConcordGrades: PK-K | 20 students
1850 Second Street
Concord, CA 94519
Walnut CreekGrades: K-8 | 348 students
2740 Jones Rd
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
AntiochGrades: PK-12 | 424 students
1745 E 18th St
Antioch, CA 94509
Seven Hills School offers a fantastic education for little preschoolers through 8th graders. If you walk into any classroom, you''re not as likely to see the teacher at the front of the room lecturing, as you are to see kids in small groups, elbow-to-elbow with their teacher, exploring an idea, discussing something they''ve all read, or doing something hands-on. Two of my kids have graduated and are thriving in high school - they felt really prepared for everything their high school threw at them. They also entered their freshman years ready to lead. Our family loves Seven Hills!
- Posted by Parent - hope9
June 19, 2017
Is private school right for your child? Learn about the things you should consider and the unique benefits of a private school education.
June 19, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
June 07, 2017
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.