The Seven Hills School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375-390 students in Preschool through 8th grade.
- The school's mission is to "develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world" and believes in the whole child philosophy of educating young minds.
- Nestled in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, the Seven Hills campus sits on 9 acres of former ranchland, in the shadow of Mt. Diablo.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(K-5 wear school uniforms, preschool and Middle School do not)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rates from $14,100 to $26,200 depending on grade level. Robust financial aid program to ensure accessibility to families for whom Seven Hills is a great fit.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susanne Goldman|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Cushing|
|Endowment Size||4.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Golf, Rock Climbing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Cooking Classes, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, Odyssey of the Mind, ROV, Video Production Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, ROV, Cooking Classes,|
Odyssey of the Mind,
- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375 students in Preschool through 8th grade. Accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Seven Hills is also an active member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). and other independent school associations. Seven Hills enjoys a long standing partnership with educational institutions nationwide.
- At Seven Hills our mission is, "to develop the intellect, engage the spirit and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world." We are a community of parents, educators and students who are committed to lifelong learning. We enjoy an environment in which a student`s curiosity is inspired, engaged, and rewarded. And we support educators who value professional development, lead each other and their peers to best practices, and accomplish all of this in a spirit of collegiality.
- Our campus, nine acres of former ranchland set back behind Heather Farm Park, is a student-centered environment that provides a myriad of experiences for our children. Step out of our 21st century classrooms and along a babbling brook which meanders through campus. Stop by our lunch tables and watch children play on our huge outdoor chessboard.
- On any given day, you might see Shakespeare performed or Beethoven rehearsed; a rocket launched or a volleyball serve perfected. Our spacious library has room for quiet, introspective readers and a stage for gregarious story tellers.
- We understand that from day one, you have wanted only what is best for your child. At The Seven Hills School, we too want what is best for each child and we look forward to our partnership in your child`s educational journey. We are proud that Seven Hills is a place where each child finds joy in learning and leaves ready for the next academic adventure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
- ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 208 students
2391 Grant St
Concord, CA 94520
- ConcordGrades: PK-6 | 68 students
2353 5th Ave
Concord, CA 94518
- ConcordGrades: UG | 64 students
1026 Oak Grove Rd Ste A
Concord, CA 94518
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
180 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Seven Hills School offers a fantastic education for little preschoolers through 8th graders. If you walk into any classroom, you''re not as likely to see the teacher at the front of the room lecturing, as you are to see kids in small groups, elbow-to-elbow with their teacher, exploring an idea, discussing something they''ve all read, or doing something hands-on. Two of my kids have graduated and are thriving in high school - they felt really prepared for everything their high school threw at them. They also entered their freshman years ready to lead. Our family loves Seven Hills!
- Posted by Parent - hope9
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.