The Summit Country Day School
- Founded in 1890, The Summit Country Day School has maintainedaproud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholiceducation.
- We offer a superb coeducational learning experience tostudentsfrom age 2 through grade 12 from throughout thegreaterCincinnati/NKY area.
- A nationally recognized Educating Leaders of Characterprogram,The Summit also offers a compelling combination of smallclasses,caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritualvalues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1031 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||22 AP courses offered. Please see curr. map or naviage to Upper School Academic tab|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jumpers Skirts Ties Shorts Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Range $6630 to 22,250|
|Admissions Director||Kelley K. Schiess|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Pearl 18 months-Age 6|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- The mission of The Summit is to challenge everystudent,faculty, and staff member to share fully the gifts thathave beengiven to them by God; to grow in grace and wisdom; todevelopspiritually, academically, physically, socially, andartistically;and to becomeleaders of character who value andimprove theworld they inherit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 134 students
7645 Winton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45224
(513)521-5481 6.5 K-8
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-10 | 277 students
6743 Chestnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45227
(513)541-0220 4.4 PK-10
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.