The Summit Country Day School
- Founded in 1890, The Summit Country Day School has maintainedaproud legacy of excellence in independent, Catholiceducation.
- We offer a superb coeducational learning experience tostudentsfrom age 2 through grade 12 from throughout thegreaterCincinnati/NKY area.
- A nationally recognized Educating Leaders of Characterprogram,The Summit also offers a compelling combination of smallclasses,caring faculty, academic rigor, and strong spiritualvalues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,031 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||22 AP courses offered. Please see curr. map or naviage to Upper School Academic tab|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jumpers Skirts Ties Shorts Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Range $6630 to 22,250|
|Admissions Director||Kelley K. Schiess|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Pearl 18 months-Age 6|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- The mission of The Summit is to challenge everystudent,faculty, and staff member to share fully the gifts thathave beengiven to them by God; to grow in grace and wisdom; todevelopspiritually, academically, physically, socially, andartistically;and to becomeleaders of character who value andimprove theworld they inherit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 134 students
7645 Winton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45224
(513)521-5481 6.5 K-8
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-10 | 277 students
6743 Chestnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45227
(513)541-0220 4.4 PK-10
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.