Central Baptist Academy
Tel: (513) 521-5481
Since 1968 Central Baptist Academy has been successfully producing well educated and well-rounded students in Cincinnati, Ohio, as a ministry of the Central Baptist Church.
We currently have around 150 students enrolled in kindergarten through eighth grade.
We believe in traditional educational values that allow the home, school, and church to work together in teaching our children with Biblical principles as the foundation.
We offer a school that emphasizes love of God and country, traditional moral values, and a dependence upon Biblical Christian principles.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,700|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition cost for grade K-6 is $5,700; the cost for grades 7-8 is $5,900. EdChoice Scholarships are accepted.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pam Smith|
What We Teach and Why
- Biblical Model: The students of Central Baptist Academy are taught the Biblical concept of the true nature of man using the method of teaching modeled in the Bible. We strive to give each student the opportunity to increase in wisdom, in character, and in knowledge.
- Biblical Values: First, students are taught the unchangeable Biblical values that give an anchor and a purpose in life. All subjects are taught in agreement with the Bible which is our final authority. Students study the Bible as part of the regular curriculum. In addition, the entire academy gathers for chapel once a week. In order to most benefit the student, each child is encouraged to attend church regularly. Through the Word of God, right and wrong can be clearly defined, and definite direction can be given. Students at Central Baptist Academy are taught where they come from, why they are here, and where they are going. God's Word teaches us that man was created in the image of God. By disobedience, man fell from innocence and brought upon himself a sinful nature and was separated from God. Therefore, the first priority of Christian education is to bring each student into a right relationship with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. We all need God and His help.
- Lifelong Learners: Second, children at Central Baptist Academy are also taught to be lifelong learners, valuable family members, helpful neighbors, and effective citizens. Students are taught to have proper respect for authority and are expected to be responsible and accountable for their actions. They are encouraged to be cooperative and dependable. Our teachers model and teach the virtues of honesty, integrity, sincerity, and respect. Also, students are educated to appreciate and understand the history of our government while being encouraged to become patriotic citizens. We are doing our best to educate the future leaders of our great country.
- Academic Excellence: Third, students are encouraged to excel academically. We use A Beka Christian School Curriculum in our classrooms. Throughout our nation, A Beka is recognized as the standard of excellence in Christian textbooks and scholastic materials. The A Beka Book approach to education keeps learning lively, interesting, and memorable. The materials reflect sensible theory that is firmly anchored to practicality. Their publications are built upon a firm foundation of absolute truth and sound scholarship and are written by dedicated and talented scholars well grounded in the practical aspects of classroom teaching.Most of all, we strive to help each student reach his or her full potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-12 | 142 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 763-6655 6.7 K-12
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 555 students
2940 W Galbraith Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45239
(513) 931-3070 3.6 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.