Mars Hill Academy
- In an ever-changing world, kids need a firm foundation. Mars Hill Academy equips students with skills that last a lifetime - critical thinking, logical reasoning, persuasive writing and powerful speaking.
- From the first morning of Kindergarten to graduation day, MHA students build a foundation that stands the test of time.
- It's time you learned more about Mars Hill Academy, Cincinnati's only K-12 indepedent classical and Christian school!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1330|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Skirts/jumpers with blouses, polo shirts and sweaters for girls. Blue or khaki dress pants with jackets and ties, sweaters or polos shirts for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see www.marshill.edu/admissions|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Patsy Hall|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Jump Rope Team, Lego Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Singers, Choir, Drama, String Orchestra
- Mars Hill Academy, Cincinnati's only independent K-12 classical and Christian school, has been serving families since 1996. MHA is one of just 33 accredited members nationwide of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools (www.accsedu.org). More than 360 students are enrolled at Mars Hill Academy's beautiful 13-acre campus. Our staff consists of exemplary Christian men and women who love their students and are passionate about teaching. MHA students participate in an integrated classical and Christian education program including academics, arts, athletics and service.
- Mars Hill Academy utilizes the proven classical model of education developed by the ancient Greeks and Romans. Refined through the ages and reintroduced in the United States, this method produces true scholars: students who love to learn, think clearly, listen carefully, reason and write persuasively, and speak precisely.
- Mars Hill Academy promotes a distinctly Christian worldview. We present all subjects as defined by Christian truth, and lead students to evaluate all human knowledge and experience in light of the Scriptures. Our graduates possess a deep understanding of their world; the ability to discern truth, beauty, and goodness; and the tools to influence the world for God`s glory.
- As an independent school, Mars Hill Academy does not accept funding from local, state or federal governments, or religious denominations. Our independence permits us to provide a true classical and Christian educational experience that is pure in mission, vision and result, and free from outside oversight or influence.
- At Mars Hill Academy, we integrate subjects and teach all things as part of a greater whole defined by Christian truth. Students are taught logic in mathematics, science in the light of history, and literature alongside rhetoric. Bible is not just a separate subject, but part of everything we do and teach. This integrated approach, unique among schools in greater Cincinnati, produces extraordinary results.
- MHA students regularly score well above average on national standardized tests. Our graduates average an SAT Composite Score of 1330 (92nd percentile) and an ACT Composite Score of 30 (95th percentile). On average 25% of MHA seniors are recognized by the National Merit Scholar scholarship program. MHA graduates are well-prepared for any future endeavor and most have gone on to college, majoring in fields such as mathematics, literature, engineering, biochemistry, nursing and business. Mars Hill Academy alumni have pursued graduate and doctoral studies in physics, theology, English, mathematics, music, and medicine.
- At Mars Hill Academy, you'll discover a vibrant community of families, a true partnership between parents and teachers to develop life-long learners; a celebration of Christian faith; and a joyful, engaging environment.
- Come discover the MHA difference for yourself!
- Find more information and register for a school tour or Open House today at www.marshill.edu.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FairfieldGrades: PK-12 | 564 students
7474 Morris Rd
Fairfield, OH 45011
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 870 students
6905 Given Road
Cincinnati, OH 45243
- CincinnatiGrades: PK-12
8283 East Kemper Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249
- MasonGrades: PK-12 | 208 students
4900 Old Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
- CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 168 students
7645 Winton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45224
Mars Hill Academy has been such a blessing to our family! After homeschooling for a few years and they trying another private Christian school, we are so thankful to have found MHA. Our kids are thriving. The teachers are wonderful and have really taken the time to get to know our boys personally. Our kids were welcomed by their classmates and have made great friends. The classical education model is amazing. We can't believe how much our kids are learning, and they're getting great things they never would at other schools. But the most important thing to us is the Christian environment. Everything is taught from a Christian worldview, not just Bible class. If you're looking for a true Christian school with top-notch academics, we would strongly recommend Mars Hill Academy!
- Posted by Parent - noell
Mars Hill Academy has been a huge blessing for our family! We homeschooled for a few years and then tried another private Christian school, but we are so thankful to have found MHA. Our kids are thriving. The teachers are wonderful and have really taken the time to get to know our boys personally. Our kids have made great friends and felt very welcomed by their classmates. The classical curriculum is amazing! We can't believe how much they learn each week. But the most important thing to us is the Christian environment. Our kids don't just go to a Bible class every day. The Christian worldview is part of everything they're taught. If you're looking for a great Christian school with top-notch academics, I highly recommend Mars Hill Academy!
- Posted by Parent - noell
Our daughters attend Mars Hill, and they are thriving. They were in public schools and were miserable – bored and unchallenged. I had never heard of the classical education model until I visited MHA, but one visit was all I needed. The teachers are passionate about their students and God, and Christian ideals rule in the classroom. They are so knowledgeable about the subjects they teach, they make learning enjoyable. There are no VCRs in these classrooms – the teachers actually teach! While it is challenging, it is not a school for the gifted. As one teacher said to me, 'We raise the bar of learning, and they meet it!' And every subject is taught through the lens of God's greatness. We are convinced our investment in this schools is one of the wisest decisions we have made!
- Posted by Parent - hokie