Mars Hill Academy
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1325|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Skirts/jumpers with blouses, polo shirts and sweaters for girls. Blue or khaki dress pants with jackets and ties, sweaters or polos shirts for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3,750 - $13,800 from PK-12. For more information see www.marshill.edu/admissions|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Patsy Hall|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Highlander Council, Jump Rope Team, Lego Club, Wordview Summit Leadership Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Singers, Choir, Drama, String Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Youth Developmental Athletic Programs
- Mars Hill Academy, Cincinnati's only independent PK-12 classical and Christian school, has been serving families since 1996. MHA is one of just 46 accredited members nationwide of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools (www.accsedu.org).
- 250 students are enrolled at Mars Hill Academy's beautiful 13-acre campus. Our staff consists of exemplary Christian men and women who love their students and are passionate about teaching. MHA students participate in an integrated classical and Christian education program including academics, arts, athletics and service.
- Mars Hill Academy utilizes the proven classical model of education developed by the ancient Greeks and Romans. Refined through the ages and reintroduced in the United States, this method produces true scholars: students who love to learn, think clearly, listen carefully, reason and write persuasively, and speak precisely.
- Mars Hill Academy promotes a distinctly Christian worldview. We present all subjects as defined by Christian truth, and lead students to evaluate all human knowledge and experience in light of the Scriptures. Our graduates possess a deep understanding of their world; the ability to discern truth, beauty, and goodness; and the tools to influence the world for God`s glory.
- As an independent school, Mars Hill Academy does not accept funding from local, state or federal governments, or religious denominations. Our independence permits us to provide a true classical and Christian educational experience that is pure in mission, vision and result, and free from outside oversight or influence.
- At Mars Hill Academy, we integrate subjects and teach all things as part of a greater whole defined by Christian truth. Students are taught logic in mathematics, science in the light of history, and literature alongside rhetoric. Bible is not just a separate subject, but part of everything we do and teach. This integrated approach, unique among schools in greater Cincinnati, produces extraordinary results.
- MHA students regularly score well above average on national standardized tests. Our graduates average an SAT Composite Score of 1309 (91st percentile) and an ACT Composite Score of 29 (93rd percentile). On average 20% of MHA seniors are recognized by the National Merit Scholar scholarship program. MHA graduates are well-prepared for any future endeavor and most have gone on to college, majoring in fields such as mathematics, literature, engineering, biochemistry, nursing and business. Mars Hill Academy alumni have pursued graduate and doctoral studies in physics, theology, English, mathematics, music, and medicine.
- At Mars Hill Academy, you'll discover a vibrant community of families, a true partnership between parents and teachers to develop life-long learners; a celebration of Christian faith; and a joyful, engaging environment.
- Find more information and register for a school tour or Open House today at www.marshill.edu.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mason Grades: NS-12 | 316 students
4900 Old Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
(513) 754-1234 2.5 NS-12
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 134 students
7645 Winton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45224
(513) 521-5481 15.1 K-8
As the father of three sons who attend Mars Hill, I can't recommend it highly enough. Mars Hill is a school where young men are encouraged in biblical manhood, Christian responsibility, and doing all things well for the glory of Christ. The faculty and administration are men and women who are not only accomplished in their field but also dedicated to the growth of each and every one of their students. Not only are our sons receiving a first-rate education at MHA, but they are being formed into lifelong learners.
- Posted by Parent - Area Pastor
Mars Hill is a great classical school. Teachers are stellar people. You can see Jesus in them all. Bible is woven into every subject. If you are looking for a school that has great academics, strong focus on character building, and Christian men and women leading and guiding your child or young person in their walk with Jesus, you would be missing a grand opportunity if you did not check out Mars Hill.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
Mars Hill has been an outstanding place for our children - going on five + years now and three kids in, we see the regular benefits of the distinctive classical and Christian education at MHA - the only one of its kind in Greater Cincinnati. We are grateful for the commitment of the dedicated teachers, administrators and volunteers to deliver a comprehensive, time-tested education.
- Posted by Parent - Nick
I can think of no other school that prepares the students more for the future. Academics are excellent, teachers genuinely want the best for their students, and families are dedicated and highly involved. The focus on high morals and virtues is incomparable. My children are thriving at Mars Hill Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 3
Mars Hill is an excellent school. The students thrive in this beautiful, orderly environment where the faculty, staff, and families put God first in all studies. The classical model of teaching is both ideal and relevant for learning in the classroom and beyond. Not only are academics of upmost importance, but character-building for each student is stressed in everyday situations. I see a marked difference in Mars Hill students alongside their peers from other schools--Mars Hill students excel in every area of their lives and will continue to do so as they grow.
- Posted by Parent - Anne
Mars Hill Academy has been such a blessing to our family! After homeschooling for a few years and they trying another private Christian school, we are so thankful to have found MHA. Our kids are thriving. The teachers are wonderful and have really taken the time to get to know our boys personally. Our kids were welcomed by their classmates and have made great friends. The classical education model is amazing. We can't believe how much our kids are learning, and they're getting great things they never would at other schools. But the most important thing to us is the Christian environment. Everything is taught from a Christian worldview, not just Bible class. If you're looking for a true Christian school with top-notch academics, we would strongly recommend Mars Hill Academy!
- Posted by Parent - noell
Our daughters attend Mars Hill, and they are thriving. They were in public schools and were miserable – bored and unchallenged. I had never heard of the classical education model until I visited MHA, but one visit was all I needed. The teachers are passionate about their students and God, and Christian ideals rule in the classroom. They are so knowledgeable about the subjects they teach, they make learning enjoyable. There are no VCRs in these classrooms – the teachers actually teach! While it is challenging, it is not a school for the gifted. As one teacher said to me, 'We raise the bar of learning, and they meet it!' And every subject is taught through the lens of God's greatness. We are convinced our investment in this schools is one of the wisest decisions we have made!
- Posted by Parent - hokie