St. Brigid School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Girls: Plaid Jumper, white blouse, navy blue sweater; Boys: Navy blue twill pants, light blue oxford shirt, plaid tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,450|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool and Pre-K rates vary by program. They range between 4900-10250 depending on the program|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Couture, Director of Admissions and Marketing|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
LEGO Robotics Club
- St. Brigid opened as the consolidated school of St. Joseph and St. Patrick Schools in September of 2007. The name celebrates the historical legacies of both schools, which were founded by the Sisters of Mercy. Following the vision of the Sisters of Mercy, St. Brigid School works to educate children, model the teachings of Jesus, and allow opportunities for students to serve those in need. Our work creates a lasting future for generations of children.
- Our welcoming community of dedicated teachers and staff, are ready to partner with you and your student in a nurturing environment. We offer a faith-filled journey full of rigorous academics. Our program and experiences here, encourage social and emotional growth and help to guide each student to use God-given gifts to reach their fullest potential. Our students are well prepared to be kind, educated, and faith-filled people when they journey beyond the walls of our school.
- St. Brigid School nurtures and supports the whole child through play, child-centered educational experiences, and age-appropriate curriculum, field trips, faith-based and service opportunities. These and more, build self-confidence, self-awareness, and communication skills which are vital to a child`s development from preschool through middle school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: NS | 231 students
899 Riverside Street
Portland, ME 04103
(207) 771-1354 2.4 NS
- Cape Elizabeth Grades: 4-12 | 21 students
126 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
(207) 773-7323 5 4-12
- South Portland Grades: PK-8 | 128 students
South Portland, ME 04106
(207) 799-6661 3.9 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.