St Cecilia Elementary School
- St. Cecilia School is a Pre K-3 through Grade Eight Roman Catholic Elementary School.
- It has been in existence since 1958 in the Diocese of Paterson, under the educational leadership of the Sisters of Christian Charity.
- St. Cecilia School expresses faith experience to its students through the teachings of Jesus Christ who taught with authority, but in a spirit of peace, love, and joy.
- This educational process provides necessary academic knowledge and skills enabling each student to develop as an individual who is responsible and accountable for his/her actions.
- The school strives to make the students conscious of the need for social justice, enabling them to grow in Christian self-awareness.
- As the student grows in Christian self-awareness, the school broadens that concept to include peer relationships and the community.
- A child's intellectual development is promoted by various sequential experiences as well as an inner self-discipline which creates an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- In the primary grades, much is learned through the use of manipulatives, actual concrete experiences, and reinforcement through educational technology.
- As a child advances, greater emphasis is placed on subject content.
- In the upper grades, the learning accentuates the logical and realistic approach to problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform/Flynn & O)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,250|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner rate is cheaper that non parishioiner. Non starts at 4390.|
|Admissions Director||Sister Marie Elise Briel, SCCC|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Mary Ann McSkimming|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
- DenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
Denville, NJ 07834
- ParsippanyGrades: PK-12 | 163 students
Po Box 5365
Parsippany, NJ 07054
- WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
- SuccasunnaGrades: PK-12 | 194 students
126 S Hillside Avenue
Succasunna, NJ 07876
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.