St Cecilia Elementary School
- St. Cecilia School is a Pre K-3 through Grade Eight Roman Catholic Elementary School.
- It has been in existence since 1958 in the Diocese of Paterson, under the educational leadership of the Sisters of Christian Charity.
- St. Cecilia School expresses faith experience to its students through the teachings of Jesus Christ who taught with authority, but in a spirit of peace, love, and joy.
- This educational process provides necessary academic knowledge and skills enabling each student to develop as an individual who is responsible and accountable for his/her actions.
- The school strives to make the students conscious of the need for social justice, enabling them to grow in Christian self-awareness.
- As the student grows in Christian self-awareness, the school broadens that concept to include peer relationships and the community.
- A child's intellectual development is promoted by various sequential experiences as well as an inner self-discipline which creates an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- In the primary grades, much is learned through the use of manipulatives, actual concrete experiences, and reinforcement through educational technology.
- As a child advances, greater emphasis is placed on subject content.
- In the upper grades, the learning accentuates the logical and realistic approach to problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform/Flynn & O)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,250|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner rate is cheaper that non parishioiner. Non starts at 4390.|
|Admissions Director||Sister Marie Elise Briel, SCCC|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Mary Ann McSkimming|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denville Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
Denville, NJ 07834
(973) 627-2606 1.9 PK-8
- Wharton Grades: NS-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
(973) 366-0309 3.8 NS-8
- Parsippany Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
1179 Littleton Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
(973) 539-7012 8.8 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.