St Charles Borromeo School
5.00 (1 review)
- Established in September 1939, Saint Charles School exists to provide all students with the highest quality Kindergarten through Eighth grade value - based education, which integrates faith with the learning process.
- At Saint Charles Borromeo School academic and co-curricular programs are grounded in the Catholic faith and designed to guide each student's academic, spiritual and personal growth.
- Saint Charles Borromeo School's mission is to prepare our students to become committed Catholics and academically prepared individuals who become life long learners.
- The philosophy of Saint Charles Borromeo School is founded on the belief that the Catholic school has a unique function in the community.
- Involved parents and dedicated and professionally prepared faculty along with support staff is necessary to foster and encourage high academic and moral standards.
- Recognizing that parents are the primary educators, Saint Charles Borromeo School supports and encourages parental responsibility in educating their children, especially in faith and in developing Christian social values.
- In cooperation with the parents, the faculty and staff endeavors to educate the whole child, emphasizing the dignity and spiritual development of each individual.
- The total instructional program, enhanced by religious education, is intended to prepare students to become committed Catholics, who are academically prepared, in becoming life long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Sherman OaksGrades: PK-8 | 347 students
13368 Valleyheart Dr
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1106 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
- North HillsGrades: KG-6 | 166 students
9240 Haskell Ave
North Hills, CA 91343
- Panorama CityGrades: KG-8 | 610 students
14024 Community St
Panorama City, CA 91402
My eldest daughter went to St Charles for 9 years and I have two younger children still enrolled. I love that all the teachers know the kids and that the kids know each other very well. The school has a true sense of community, with a lot of parent involvement. The teachers are not only credentialed, but many of them have their Masters Degree as well. The kids graduate from St Charles and continue on to many local high schools, including Notre Dame, Providence, Immaculate Heart and Loyola. St Charles also has an awesome swim team that is available to kids from Kinder-8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - diann
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.