- St. Dominic School is a Catholic Christian community that believes in commitment to the development of the total child.
- We believe we are called to present an educational process that will enable each child to achieve personal academic excellence.
- It is through a shared educational responsibility of parents, teachers, and community that the experience of learning and growing in this Christian atmosphere develops a love of self which is the foundation for acceptance of others.
- As Catholic educators, it is our responsibility to guide our students in their spiritual growth by living gospel values.
- We challenge our students to take the attitudes and values nurtured here to become responsible members of the Church community and productive citizens in our ever-changing society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||494 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New OrleansGrades: NS-8 | 279 students
6249 Canal Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
New OrleansGrades: NS-7 | 164 students
4601 Cleveland Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 629 students
6905 Chef Menteur Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70126
New OrleansGrades: PK-8 | 371 students
923 Napoleon Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
New OrleansGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
1315 Jackson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.