St. Eugene Elementary School
- The mission of St. Eugene Catholic Elementary School is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus, provide a rigorous academic curriculum and prepare students to face the challenges of the future.
- The academic programs at St. Eugene School are developed and approved by the Office of Catholic Education and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Students in Kindergarten through Grade Eight are instructed in the areas of Religion, Mathematics, Integrated Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer Education, LIbrary Skills and Physical Education.
- Each subject area is taught according to the curriculum guidelines, which are prepared and disseminated through the Office of Catholic Education.
- Teachers utilize the guidelines as their core program with the textbooks, workbooks, audio-visual and technology to enhance the course of study.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition rates|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jane Magnatta, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anti-bullying groups, CYO Sports Program - all grades, Choir, Choose Life, Newscast Team, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Service opportunities, Student Council Choir, Choose Life, Newscast Team, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Anti-bullying groups,
CYO Sports Program - all grades,
St. Eugene School Faculty recognizes and dedicates ourselves to the following principles:
- We recognize each child is an individaul loved by God, blessed with abilities that we will help him/her develop to their fullest potential.
- We seek to form in each child a concern for each other and for all people of whatever race, creed, or color, as brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- We recognize the need for discipline in the early years, especially until the time each child has grown to self-discipline and self-direction.
- We seek continually to maintain a high quality of education in every area, and thus will make demands on all students to maintain such educational standards.
- And most importantly, we teach the children values for life and eternity as we seek to develop their talents to the fullest and lead them to live according to the Good Nes of Christ - the Gospel.
Profile last updated: 04/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SecaneGrades: KG-8 | 258 students
10 Fatima Dr
Secane, PA 19018
SecaneGrades: KG | 42 students
900 South Ave
Secane, PA 19018
WoodlynGrades: PK-12 | 58 students
Macdade Blvd & School Ln
Woodlyn, PA 19094
SwarthmoreGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
990 Fairview Rd
Swarthmore, PA 19081
MortonGrades: K-9 | 348 students
2130 Franklin Ave
Morton, PA 19070
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?