St. Francis Xavier School
- St. Francis Xavier School has been educating children along the North Shore for over 100 years.
- Our mission is to create a community of faith in action and excellence in academics.
- We partner with our parish to provide students with an environment of care and concern, high academic and social expectations, and role models to guide their actions and life choices.
- The school's academic and religious curriculum is complemented by the latest in computer and SMART Board technology, a Science Lab, an art studio, and a newly renovated library.
- Our teachers are among the most highly trained in the area and fully 75% hold advanced degrees and endorsements.
- They are creative, dedicated and committed to the parish. We have high expectations for our students and our size allows us to individualize instruction to a rare degree.
- Also, because we are pre K-8, students of different ages interact often and well.
- Through the course of their time at SFX, students will grow from being the youngest in the building to being the oldest, and will understand and embrace changing expectations and responsibilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SFX is able to accommodate mild learning differences with the assistance of reading specialists, math enrichment support, learning behavioral specialists and guidance counseling|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,117|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Barrett|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Clubs, Crusader Chronicle, One Heart Club, Scouting, Student Council, Teen Book Cafe One Heart Club, Scouting, Teen Book Cafe, After School Clubs,|
- For more information about the benefits of an SFX education, please visit www.sfx-school.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WinnetkaGrades: PK-12 | 367 students
315 Waukegan Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
- Des PlainesGrades: 6-12 | 218 students
1015 Rose Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Highland ParkGrades: PK-KG | 125 students
1301 Clavey Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
- LincolnshireGrades: PK-KG | 30 students
1970 Riverwoods Rd
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- Lake ZurichGrades: PK-5 | 90 students
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.