St Francis Xavier School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (847) 256-0644
- St. Francis Xavier School has been educating children along the North Shore for over 100 years.
- Our mission is to create a community of faith in action and excellence in academics.
- We partner with our parish to provide students with an environment of care and concern, high academic and social expectations, and role models to guide their actions and life choices.
- The school's academic and religious curriculum is complemented by iPads, Chromebooks, and SMART Board technology, a Science Lab, an Art studio, an EPIC Studio/Makerspace, and a Library.
- Our teachers are among the most highly trained in the area and 75% hold advanced degrees and endorsements.
- They are creative, dedicated and committed to the parish. Teachers have high expectations for our students and our size allows us to individualize instruction to a rare degree. Also, because St. Francis is Pre K-8, students of different ages interact often and well.
- Through the course of their time at SFX, students will grow from being the youngest in the building to being the oldest, and will understand and embrace changing expectations and responsibilities.
St Francis Xavier School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SFX is able to accommodate mild learning differences with the assistance of reading specialists, math enrichment support, learning behavioral specialists and guidance counseling|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,385|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Barrett|
|Admissions Associate||Jackie Petrozzi|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Clubs, Scouting, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
Altar Servers, Battle of the Books, Chess Club, Coding and Robotics, Crusader Ambassadors, Safety Patrol
Arts and Music Programs:
Irish Dance, Theater Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- For more information about the benefits of an SFX education, please visit www.sfx-school.org and call the school office to schedule a meeting and tour with our principal, Colleen Barrett. The office phone is 847-256-0644.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmette Grades: PK-K | 92 students
2031 Elmwood Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847) 256-2922 1.5 PK-K
- Wilmette Grades: PK-K | 118 students
1140 Wilmette Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847) 256-2002 0.5 PK-K
- Buffalo Grove Grades: PK-K | 68 students
950 Ellen Dr
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
(847) 541-8111 14.2 PK-K
- Deerfield Grades: PK-K | 22 students
1500 Wilmot Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015
(847) 945-7581 11.3 PK-K
I have sent both my daughters (now in 1st and 4th grade) to St. Francis since Kindergarten. Academically, they are continually challenged -- both math and reading curriculum is differentiated from 1st grade on--and they are succeeding at the highest level. The school has extremely strong ACT Aspire results that verify academic performance.Of course, academics are just entry-stakes. To justify private school tuition in an affluent neighborhood like Wilmette, you need more. St. Francis delivers. The close-knit, but warm and welcoming, community is one of the best things about the school. This is a place where parents help each other out and look out for each other's kids. The school is small enough, at 2 sections per grade, that most kids know many kids both older and younger. The school actively looks to create cross-grade relationships with mixed-grade community activities and 8th grade/kindergarten buddy relations.The religious education and community prayer life is a huge support for my children's faith formation, and we find many of the teachers are truly role models for the children. We were fairly new to the community when we joined St. Francis. But we have found that the community is very open to newcomers and all truly are welcome.
- Posted by Parent - Paula
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.