St Genevieve Elementary School
- St. Genevieve School offers to its students an excellent academic program in an atmosphere dedicated to Catholic principles.
- We clearly recognize and maintain that parents are the prime educators of their children.
- We believe that each child is a unique, creative, and a responsive person who grows and learns through interaction with others in an atmosphere of faith, which fosters Christian living.
- Our school works with students, in partnership with parents, to create an environment at school and at home in which each child feels valued.
- Students will exercise their responsibility to use their gifts and talents in order to participate at school as fully caring, productive members of the school and world community.
- St. Genevieve Elementary academic program builds a strong foundation of basic skills – in core subjects such as mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies – while recognizing individual differences and learning styles.
- Religion classes and real-world experiences, such as community service projects and liturgical worship, develop in our students a true sense of a faith community.
- Students at our school are encouraged to discover the joys of creative expression – through art, music, and physical education.
- Catholic values, morals, and character formation are integrated in every aspect of our curriculum, which extends through every aspect of our daily life.
- St. Genevieve Elementary School exists to provide a quality "value-oriented" Catholic education to its students.
- Our goals are to work in partnership with parents, to provide a comprehensive religion program, to nurture an integrated curriculum, and to encourage a faith community.
- By these means, we hope to ensure an excellent Catholic academic education that will prepare students for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||610 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada Hills Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
17637 Mayerling St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818)363-5515 6.1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.