- St. Genevieve School offers to its students an excellent academic program in an atmosphere dedicated to Catholic principles.
- We clearly recognize and maintain that parents are the prime educators of their children.
- We believe that each child is a unique, creative, and a responsive person who grows and learns through interaction with others in an atmosphere of faith, which fosters Christian living.
- Our school works with students, in partnership with parents, to create an environment at school and at home in which each child feels valued.
- Students will exercise their responsibility to use their gifts and talents in order to participate at school as fully caring, productive members of the school and world community.
- St. Genevieve Elementary academic program builds a strong foundation of basic skills – in core subjects such as mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies – while recognizing individual differences and learning styles.
- Religion classes and real-world experiences, such as community service projects and liturgical worship, develop in our students a true sense of a faith community.
- Students at our school are encouraged to discover the joys of creative expression – through art, music, and physical education.
- Catholic values, morals, and character formation are integrated in every aspect of our curriculum, which extends through every aspect of our daily life.
- St. Genevieve Elementary School exists to provide a quality "value-oriented" Catholic education to its students.
- Our goals are to work in partnership with parents, to provide a comprehensive religion program, to nurture an integrated curriculum, and to encourage a faith community.
- By these means, we hope to ensure an excellent Catholic academic education that will prepare students for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||610 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1108 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
North HollywoodGrades: PK-8 | 165 students
11330 McCormick Street
North Hollywood, CA 91601
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.