St Genevieve Elementary School
- St. Genevieve School offers to its students an excellent academic program in an atmosphere dedicated to Catholic principles.
- We clearly recognize and maintain that parents are the prime educators of their children.
- We believe that each child is a unique, creative, and a responsive person who grows and learns through interaction with others in an atmosphere of faith, which fosters Christian living.
- Our school works with students, in partnership with parents, to create an environment at school and at home in which each child feels valued.
- Students will exercise their responsibility to use their gifts and talents in order to participate at school as fully caring, productive members of the school and world community.
- St. Genevieve Elementary academic program builds a strong foundation of basic skills – in core subjects such as mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies – while recognizing individual differences and learning styles.
- Religion classes and real-world experiences, such as community service projects and liturgical worship, develop in our students a true sense of a faith community.
- Students at our school are encouraged to discover the joys of creative expression – through art, music, and physical education.
- Catholic values, morals, and character formation are integrated in every aspect of our curriculum, which extends through every aspect of our daily life.
- St. Genevieve Elementary School exists to provide a quality "value-oriented" Catholic education to its students.
- Our goals are to work in partnership with parents, to provide a comprehensive religion program, to nurture an integrated curriculum, and to encourage a faith community.
- By these means, we hope to ensure an excellent Catholic academic education that will prepare students for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||610 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada Hills Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
17637 Mayerling St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818)363-5515 6.1 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-8 | 266 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-6421 7 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.