St. Hilda's & St.. Hugh's School
Tel: (212) 932-1980
- St. Hilda's & St. Hugh's is an Episcopal, coeducation day school for children of all faiths.
- The school, which reflects the authentic multicultural community of New York City, adheres to the values of the Judeo-Christian heritage and encourages in children a respect for nature and human achievement, together with a love for art, music, drama and athletics.
- Each member of the school is cherished and invited to grow in knowledge, in faith, and in love of self and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / Dec. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade $12,500 - $51,000. Financial Aid is available beginning in Nursery for those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kate Dworkoski|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Lee|
|Endowment Size||$20 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
After School Enrichment Classes, Model Congress, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Hilda`s & St. Hugh`s is a place where boys and girls learn first-hand from one another to acknowledge and love the full diversity of the human condition. Our core belief, that every child is sacred, is reflected in our program as well as in the admission process.
- We strive to admit, nurture, and graduate students from a multitude of backgrounds who will become, with our help, compassionate and confident adults. We welcome families who feel that developing children`s sense of empathy and conscience is as important as their academic success, and we work in partnership with parents to educate graduates who will use their talents and the benefits of their education to create a more just and productive world.
- St. Hilda's & St. Hugh's students are kind and curious and have a vivacity for life and learning. In classrooms, at play, and throughout each day, we practice The Golden Rule: "Treat others as you wish to be treated." This fundamental principle defines our school culture, along with an appreciation for hard work and joyful play.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
535 W 121st St
New York, NY 10027
(212) 662-9344 0.4 PK-8
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 268 students
150 West 85th Street
New York, NY 10024
(212) 348-0952 1.5 NS-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.