St. James Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (912) 355-3132
- MIssion statement: St. James Catholic School is a Christ -centered community inspired by the charism of the IHM Sisters that prepares students for a life of learning and servcie to God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math grades 5-8|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See tuition posted on our website.|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, C-Saw Club- for animal welfare, Choir, Creative Kids Club grades PreK-1st, Environmental Science Club, Girl Scouts, Math Team, National Junior Honor Society, Rosary Group, Safety Patrol, Spanish Club, Student Council, Students of the Arts - SOTA, Yearbook|
- "Lab Learner"science curriculum grades PreK-8.
- State of the Art interactive SMART boards utilized in all classrooms
- Spanish offered in grades PreK-8
- Fine arts- Music and Art
- Well equipped Computer and Science Labs Library complete with computers to enhance research
- Advanced Math offered 5-8 grades
- Students and parents involved in many community service programs
- School Nurse, Resource Teacher, Speech Specialist and Counselor
- Involved and interested parents
- Devoted to Embracing Diversity
- Certified, experienced faculty
- Religion taught daily
- Successful Athletic Program
- Well rounded extra curricular programs
- Award Winning School Board
- Health and Nutrition stressed
- After School Care
- Early Learning Center 1, 2 and 3 year old classes
- Please visit our website www.sjcs-savannahga.org
- We are available to answer questions and will be glad to provide a private tour of our campus
- Come see all we have to offer!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: PK-8 | 435 students
1003 E Victory Dr
Savannah, GA 31405
(912) 356-6987 7.9 PK-8
- Savannah Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
11500 Middleground Road
Savannah, GA 31419
(912) 925-6249 4.1 PK-8
We moved from a great school in the Atlanta area a few years ago and did not know what school to choose here in Savannah after touring a few and asking several people. Our kids liked St. James best and they couldn't exactly say why. Now I know. It is because of the welcoming feeling you get when you arrive, the love and encouragement the teachers and staff show the students, the desire to always be better and improve the curriculum, and the faith that is instilled in the children and the desire to give back to the community. We feel so blessed to have found St. James and know we are giving our children a great foundation!
- Posted by Parent - kathy
As a St. James School Alumni and now parent of 3 SJS students, SJS is my first choice! Every teacher presents a passion for their commitment to the students.
- Posted by Parent - pjw3
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.