St. James Catholic School
MIssion statement: St. James Catholic School is a Christ -centered community inspired by the charism of the IHM Sisters that prepares students for a life of learning and servcie to God.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 340 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. James Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Advanced Math grades 5-8
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
See tuition posted on our website.
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, C-Saw Club- for animal welfare, Choir, Creative Kids Club grades PreK-1st, Environmental Science Club, Girl Scouts, Math Team, National Junior Honor Society, Rosary Group, Safety Patrol, Spanish Club, Student Council, Students of the Arts - SOTA, Yearbook
- "Lab Learner"science curriculum grades PreK-8.
- State of the Art interactive SMART boards utilized in all classrooms
- Spanish offered in grades PreK-8
- Fine arts- Music and Art
- Well equipped Computer and Science Labs Library complete with computers to enhance research
- Advanced Math offered 5-8 grades
- Students and parents involved in many community service programs
- School Nurse, Resource Teacher, Speech Specialist and Counselor
- Involved and interested parents
- Devoted to Embracing Diversity
- Certified, experienced faculty
- Religion taught daily
- Successful Athletic Program
- Well rounded extra curricular programs
- Award Winning School Board
- Health and Nutrition stressed
- After School Care
- Early Learning Center 1, 2 and 3 year old classes
- Please visit our website www.sjcs-savannahga.org
- We are available to answer questions and will be glad to provide a private tour of our campus
- Come see all we have to offer!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does St. James Catholic School offer?
St. James Catholic School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. James Catholic School's ranking?
St. James Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for: Largest student body, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. James Catholic School?
The application deadline for St. James Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
We moved from a great school in the Atlanta area a few years ago and did not know what school to choose here in Savannah after touring a few and asking several people. Our kids liked St. James best and they couldn't exactly say why. Now I know. It is because of the welcoming feeling you get when you arrive, the love and encouragement the teachers and staff show the students, the desire to always be better and improve the curriculum, and the faith that is instilled in the children and the desire to give back to the community. We feel so blessed to have found St. James and know we are giving our children a great foundation!
As a St. James School Alumni and now parent of 3 SJS students, SJS is my first choice! Every teacher presents a passion for their commitment to the students.
Endorse St. James Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.