St. John Lutheran School
- St. John provides a spiritually nurturing environment where each child is both physically and emotionally safe and secure and is able to focus on academic growth.
- The atmosphere on campus is cheerful and the teachers have high expectations but are caring.
- These are just some of the many reasons that St. John a wonderful place for children to learn and grow.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,850|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool tuition is an additional $500 per year. Kindergarten is an additional $200 per year. Tuition may be paid in 10 monthly installments from August though May. Additional fees are required.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Girl Scouts, Honor Society, Service Committee, Spanish Club, Young Men's Clu
- Preschool students must be potty trained and turn three by September 30th. Pre-k students must turn 4 by September 30th. Kindergarten - 7th grade students must be tested for admission and placement. The admission process also includes a student interview.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New OrleansGrades: K-9 | 505 students
4861 Rosalia Dr
New Orleans, LA 70127
- New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 629 students
6905 Chef Menteur Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70126
- New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 190 students
3368 Esplanade Ave
New Orleans, LA 70119
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.