St Marys Dominican High School
- St. Mary's Dominican High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program for young women rooted in the tradition of prayer, study, community, and service.
- With Jesus at the center, the Dominican community preaches the Word, radiates joy, promotes justice, seeks Truth, manifests Catholic values, and ministers to others.
- Sponsored by the Dominican Sisters, Congregation of St. Mary, Dominican High School fosters the growth of each individual's spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical qualities through the education of the whole person.
- As a Catholic school, Dominican's primary goal is to instill in each student a knowledge of moral values while promoting the practice of ethical behavior based on these values.
- Dominican believes that actions should reflect a belief in God and a respect for the dignity of all God's creation.
- As a college-preparatory school, Dominican provides an atmosphere for intellectual growth and promotes learning as a life-long process.
- The school endorses a curriculum which stresses exposure to various disciplines, encourages academic excellence, and prepares the student to develop leadership roles in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||857 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New OrleansGrades: 8-12 | 1245 students
7027 Milne Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
- New OrleansGrades: NS-12 | 745 students
2635 State Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
- New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 679 students
2343 Prytania Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
- New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 629 students
6905 Chef Menteur Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70126
- MetairieGrades: 8-12
8800 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.