St Marys Dominican High School
Tel: (504) 865-9401
- St. Mary's Dominican High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program for young women rooted in the tradition of prayer, study, community, and service.
- With Jesus at the center, the Dominican community preaches the Word, radiates joy, promotes justice, seeks Truth, manifests Catholic values, and ministers to others.
- Sponsored by the Dominican Sisters, Congregation of St. Mary, Dominican High School fosters the growth of each individual's spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical qualities through the education of the whole person.
- As a Catholic school, Dominican's primary goal is to instill in each student a knowledge of moral values while promoting the practice of ethical behavior based on these values.
- Dominican believes that actions should reflect a belief in God and a respect for the dignity of all God's creation.
- As a college-preparatory school, Dominican provides an atmosphere for intellectual growth and promotes learning as a life-long process.
- The school endorses a curriculum which stresses exposure to various disciplines, encourages academic excellence, and prepares the student to develop leadership roles in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||813 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Grades: 8-12 | 1250 students
7027 Milne Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
(504) 288-7626 4.3 8-12
- New Orleans Grades: NS-12 | 653 students
2343 Prytania Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 561-1224 2.6 NS-12
- New Orleans Grades: NS-12 | 756 students
4521 Saint Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504) 891-1943 2.1 NS-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.