St. Andrew's Episcopal School
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School, the oldest Episcopal School in New Orleans, provides a strong academic program from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- Small classes and caring teachers provide a challenging learning environment where children grow intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- Our students are excited about learning and about giving to others through community service.
- The academic program at St. Andrew's gives our students a strong foundation which, upon graduation, opens doors for them at competitive independent, public, and parochial schools.
- A majority of our upper school students qualify to participate in the Duke University Talent Identification Program.
- St. Andrew's seeks to help each child acquire knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Our goal is to foster a desire for learning. The curriculum stresses critical thinking, strong work habits, and personal responsibility.
- We offer a well-planned, sequential course of study in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Spanish is taught in all grades; Chinese is taught in grades 7-8.
- Art, library, music, chapel, technology, and daily physical education enrich our program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,386|
|Tuition Notes||This is average tuition for grades PK- 8. Tuition PK - Grade 8 ranges from $12,660 to $13,3850. Fees are not included.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Witter|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- St. Andrew`s Episcopal School is the oldest Episcopal school in New Orleans with 59 years of experience in educating the mind, body and spirit of young children. St. Andrew`s enrolls boys and girls 18 months through Grade 8, offering ten+ years of nurturing yet challenging education that focuses on the Decade of Childhood.
- St. Andrew`s utilizes small classes to promote a challenging learning environment where students interact with teachers and grow spiritually, socially and intellectually. A strong academic program, enhanced by state-of-the-art technology, includes Spanish, Chinese, music, chapel, fine arts, athletics and library skills. Student publications, dramatics, interscholastic sports, and community service round out St. Andrew`s program.
- Come see our newly renovated and updated early childhood classrooms at an upcoming Open House or call for a personal tour. For further information, please visit the school`s website: standrewsepiscopalschool.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New OrleansGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
1027 Napoleon Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
- New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 977 students
1903 Jefferson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
- New OrleansGrades: PK-8 | 371 students
923 Napoleon Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
- New OrleansGrades: NS-8 | 279 students
6249 Canal Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
- New OrleansGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
1315 Jackson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.