St. John The Baptist Catholic School
- Challenging the Intellect, Nourishing the Spirit for over 60 years - Saint John the Baptist Catholic School in Healdsburg is dedicated to continuing the work of Christ while providing each individual with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence and make a positive contribution in the world.
- The Catholic Church, through the ministry of the Catholic School, teaches Gospel values. Children of all faiths who appreciate the morals, principles, and ideals of a Catholic education have opportunities to experience care and concern for themselves, classmates, family, and local/global communities.
- The needs of the whole child are addressed through a Catholic education using a variety of strategies that develop the spiritual, academic, cultural, social, emotional, physical, and artistic facets of each individual.
- The school, partnered with the parents, supports each child in the process of growing, while developing an appreciation for life-long learning and service to the local and global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,760|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anne Seppi|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Music, Musical Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Why Choose SJS
- 100% of recent graduates receive honors their first semester at Cardinal Newman High School.
- Advanced student scores on standardized testing.
- 90% student participation in extracurricular activities such as band, theater productions, chess and athletics.
On-Campus Technology and Resources
- Laptop computers in upper grades, IPads to be introduced early 2014.
- Interactive SMART boards in every classroom including Music.
- Superior on-campus library and gymnasium.
- Small class size with teacher assistants at every grade level to ensure low student to teacher ratio.
- Two teacher assistants in grades Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten for even smaller ratio.
- Full-time counselor to provide best opportunities for every child to find success.
- Full-time resource specialist to accommodate all levels of learning.
- Affordable before and after school child care with the option of tutorial programs and study hall.
Arts and Athletic Opportunities
- Foreign language, art, music, technology and physical education as part of core curriculum.
- Competitive athletic program.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HealdsburgGrades: NS-PK | 43 students
500 Grove Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- HealdsburgGrades: K-8 | 191 students
33 H Healdsburg Avenue
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- HealdsburgGrades: 9-12 | 179 students
3200 Rio Lindo Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- WindsorGrades: PK-8 | 268 students
Po Box 1880
Windsor, CA 95492
- Santa RosaGrades: PK-8 | 292 students
4400 Day School Place
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Nearby Homes for Sale
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.