Rio Lindo Adventist Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Rio Lindo Adventist Academy is unique. We are the Adventist boarding academy for the Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
- Our co-educational high school offers a commitment to excellence in its quiet, safe and picturesque location.
- Our culturally diverse student body creates an opportunity to interact globally while fostering a close-knit community based on mutual respect.
- Every student is encouraged to develop their potential in a nurturing environment.
- Staff, who live on campus and students work, study, pray, and socialize together, create lasting relationships unique to the boarding school experience.Rio`s ultimate goal in teaching is to maximize every student`s potential, no matter the background; to make student thinkers and not mere reflectors of others` opinions, whether in the classroom, church, or among peers.
- Rio`s tagline is "Learn. Serve. Lead." and our hope is that every student will graduate and make a difference in the world by continuing to learn, serve, and lead.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat and clean clothes-no sweatpants or ripped jeans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||please refer to website for tuition costs|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Israel M. Peralta|
|Admissions Associate||Becky Renslow|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- Rio Lindo Adventist Academy is the boarding school for the Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Our co-educational school offers a commitment to excellence in its quiet, safe and picturesque location and our dedicated staff serve with a vibrant sense of mission to the cause of education. Our culturally diverse student body creates an opportunity to interact globally while fostering a close-knit community based on mutual respect. Every student is encouraged to develop his or her potential in a nurturing environment. Staff, who live on campus, and students work, study, pray, and socialize together, creating lasting relationships unique to a boarding school experience.
- Rio`s ultimate goal in teaching is to maximize every student`s potential, no matter the background; to make student thinkers and not mere reflectors of others` opinions, whether in the classroom, church, or among peers. Rio`s tagline is "Learn. Serve. Lead." and our hope is that every student will graduate and make a difference in the world by continuing to learn, serve, and lead."Our students grow to become spiritually mature, socially compassionate, intellectually competent, and independently capable members of society."Founded in 1962, Rio Lindo Adventist Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and provides an enriched, college preparatory curriculum with numerous elective classes, allowing students to pursue a wide variety of interests. For more information about Rio's classes, see Class Options.Located 70 miles north of San Francisco, Rio gives students the opportunity to learn in a safe, scenic, and natural setting. The campus overlooks the Russian River, which winds around the school`s 360 acres, and sits in the shade of Fitch Mountain.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)303-7127 14.3 K-2
- Riverside Grades: K-12 | 674 students
4900 Golden Ave
Riverside, CA 92505
(951)351-1445 440.6 K-12
I have had one daughter graduate and the second is currently enrolled. Rio is an outstanding school. Not only do they focus on academics but on personal development. They turn out well rounded students preppared well for college. The teachers have always been open to hearing from me and working with any issues that may arise.
- Posted by Parent - fcsha
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.