St. John the Evangelist Catholic School
- Saint John the Evangelist School is a Catholic ArchdiocesanCollaborative School dedicated to spreading the Good News byproviding a comprehensive education rooted in Roman CatholicChristian values and traditions.
- St. John`s has beeneducating students for more than 150 years and welcomes students inPre-K 3 through 8th grade. For more information about SaintJohn`s, please visit http://www.stjohnhydes.org/.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see tuition rates at: http://www.stjohnhydes.org/admissions/tuition.html|
|Admissions Director||Pamela Turnbull|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, LacrosseBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar, Art, Band, Book, Broadcasting, Chess, Choir, Drama, Garden, Homework, Newspaper, Running, Safety, Social, Student, Yoga Altar, Art, Band, Book, Broadcasting, Chess, Choir, Drama, Garden, Homework, Newspaper, Running, Safety, Social, Student, Yoga,|
- Saint John the Evangelist School, located in beautiful Long GreenValley, provides preschool (half-day and all-day), elementaryschool, and middle school. With an average yearly enrollment of 200students, St. John`s offers an intimate environment and smallclass sizes.
- Their curriculum follows the Archdiocese of Baltimore Course ofStudy and encompasses foreign language, technology, and the arts.This technology-driven school has interactive SMART Boards are ineach classroom, a computer lab, and Microsoft Surface tablets.
- A Catholic education makes a difference. Graduates of St. John areequipped to excel at a Catholic, private, or public high schoolboth personally and academically.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bel AirGrades: PK-8 | 683 students
205 N Hickory Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
- TowsonGrades: PK-8 | 555 students
112 Ware Ave
Towson, MD 21204
- BaltimoreGrades: K-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
- KingsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 152 students
12022 Jerusalem Rd
Kingsville, MD 21087
- AberdeenGrades: PK-8 | 196 students
230 S Law Street
Aberdeen, MD 21001
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.