St. John The Evangelist School
- We are a two-time National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence that offers challenging academics in a Christ-centered environment.
- Our mission is to prepare students for everlasting life by teaching them the Cathoic faith and traditions, to provide time and resources to put their faith into action though worship and service, and to ensure a thorough foundation of knowledge for successful trasition into secondary study.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994, 2010, 2017|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||29 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,491|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic tuition- $7491 Non-Catholic- $8877 Financial aid available for Catholic students. Goiuzeta Scholarship aid available for Hispanic/Latino students. GRACE Scholarships available for Pre-K and Kindergarten students as well as those who have atte|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Ashley Ward|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Bowl Team, Jr. National Honor Society, Math Counts Team, Photograhy, Science Olympiad Team, Student Council, Yearbook|
- How to Apply We will begin accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year on October 20th. Applying is easy using our Online Application. We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $150 must be submitted with each application. Paper applications are also available in the school office. Applicants who meet the academic and behavioral criteria are considered for acceptance by the Admissions Committee. Decision letters will be mailed on March 31st to families whose completed applications are received by February 17th. Applications received after February 17th will be considered on a rolling basis as space allows.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TyroneGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
211 Kirkley Rd
Tyrone, GA 30290
- AtlantaGrades: NS-12 | 203 students
1312 Knotts Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30344
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 628 students
4449 Northside Dr Nw
Atlanta, GA 30327
- DecaturGrades: PK-8 | 139 students
2560 Tilson Rd
Decatur, GA 30032
- AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1673 students
4075 Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.