St Josaphat School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Josaphat School exists to create a Christian educational community where knowledge and culture, integrated with faith, are shared among students, teachers, support staff, and parents.
- Because we believe the parents are the primary educators of their children, we strive to maintain a working partnership with them in educating students St. Josaphat School has as its primary emphasis the spiritual education and development concisely articulated in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A strong, well-rounded curriculum, which is fundamentally based in the teaching of the Catholic faith, is the cornerstone of the academic program.
- St. Josaphat School has always emphasized spiritual development and academic excellence.
- St. Josaphat School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, athletic, or other school administered programs.
- In employment practices, St. Josaphat School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, unfavorable military discharge marital status, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to the ability to perform the duties of the position.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010, 2017|
|Total Students||389 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: PK-KG | 199 students
1651 W Diversey Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60614
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 480 students
1439 W Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
- ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
My experience at St. Josaphat School has been outstanding. My son and daughter attend the school and I couldn't be happier with both the quality of their education and the environment. We are impressed by the teaching staff and their expertise, knowledge, communication, and interaction. Every child is looked at as an individual and appropriate expectations are placed for personal, emotional and academic success. It is a warm, caring, community with parents that really participate and assist the school in not only meeting, but exceeding goals. I have no doubt that my children are getting an excellent education, and the fact that they both love coming to school speaks volumes!
- Posted by Parent - heath
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.