St. Joseph Academy
- At SJA, we pride ourselves on our high academic standards and encourage our students to strive for excellence.
- Our curriculum encompasses Religion, Language Arts (which includes Reading, Writing, Spelling, and Grammar), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Handwriting (K-3), Phonics (K-3), and Study Skills (4-8).
- The curriculum is further enriched by weekly classes in Special subjects, including PE, Music, Art, Spanish, Library (K-5), and Computer (K-8).Providing a safe, structured environment allows our students to thrive.
- Our smaller class sizes allow our teachers to fulfill the individual learning requirements of each student and nurture their unique gifts. Classroom technology, including SMART boards, iPads, and computers, is just one of the many methods used by our faculty to individualize their instruction to the academic needs of each child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform - see handbook for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Contact St. Joseph Academy for further Tuition Information|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Patricia Jean, SJW - Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, GolfArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Crochet Club, Leadership Club, Newspaper Club, Quick Recall Academic Team, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dulcimer Club
- While adhering to our values, we focus on providing students with the skills they need to be life-long learners and leaders who strive for excellence. We are accredited by the Kentucky Non-Public School Commission and are committed to providing our students with the tools, both spiritual and academic, to prepare them for high school and their future.
- St. Joseph Academy has been preparing children to grow and succeed in this ever-changing world for over 40 years. Investing in your child`s elementary school education will pay off far beyond 8th-grade graduation.
- Our students benefit from a rich and varied curriculum of Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, & Social Studies.In addition, we also offer weekly classes in Art, Music, Physical Education, Library, and Computer. These special classes are an integral part of learning. Private school students consistently score higher than the national average on standardized testing.
- For more information please contact 859-485-6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- https://sjawalton.com/forms/Register your child today!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: PK-8 | 539 students
5876 Veterans Way
Burlington, KY 41005
(859) 689-4303 12.3 PK-8
- Florence Grades: PK-6 | 70 students
10310 Dixie Highway
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 371-9008 6 PK-6
- Florence Grades: PK-8 | 391 students
7303 Dixie Hwy
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 647-4070 9.5 PK-8
- Ft Mitchell Grades: NS-8 | 316 students
2474 Lorraine Ct
Ft Mitchell, KY 41017
(859) 578-2742 13.4 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.