St. Joseph Academy
- At SJA, we pride ourselves on our high academic standards and encourage our students to strive for excellence.
- Our curriculum encompasses Religion, Language Arts (which includes Reading, Writing, Spelling, and Grammar), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Handwriting (K-3), Phonics (K-3), and Study Skills (4-8).
- The curriculum is further enriched by weekly classes in Special subjects, including PE, Music, Art, Spanish, Library (K-5), and Computer (K-8).Providing a safe, structured environment allows our students to thrive.
- Our smaller class sizes allow our teachers to fulfill the individual learning requirements of each student and nurture their unique gifts.
- Classroom technology, including SMART boards, iPads, and computers, is just one of the many methods used by our faculty to individualize their instruction to the academic needs of each child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform - see handbook for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Contact St. Joseph Academy for further Tuition Information|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Elizabeth Ann, SJW - Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Jennie Searp|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, GolfArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Crochet Club, Leadership Club, Newspaper Club, Quick Recall Academic Team, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dulcimer Clu
- While adhering to our values, we focus on providing students with the skills they need to be life-long learners and leaders who strive for excellence. We are accredited by the Kentucky Non-Public School Commission and are committed to providing our students with the tools, both spiritual and academic, to prepare them for high school and their future.
- St. Joseph Academy has been preparing children to grow and succeed in this ever-changing world for over 40 years. Investing in your child`s elementary school education will pay off far beyond 8th-grade graduation.
- Our students benefit from a rich and varied curriculum of Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, & Social Studies.In addition, we also offer weekly classes in Art, Music, Physical Education, Library, and Computer. These special classes are an integral part of learning. Private school students consistently score higher than the national average on standardized testing.
- For more information please contact 859-485-6444 or email@example.com.
- https://sjawalton.com/forms/Register your child today!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: PK-8 | 539 students
5876 Veterans Way
Burlington, KY 41005
(859)689-4303 12.3 PK-8
- Florence Grades: PK-5 | 82 students
10310 Dixie Highway
Florence, KY 41042
(859)371-9008 6 PK-5
- Florence Grades: K-8 | 502 students
7303 Dixie Hwy
Florence, KY 41042
(859)647-4070 9.5 K-8
- Ft Mitchell Grades: PK-8 | 338 students
2474 Lorraine Ct
Ft Mitchell, KY 41017
(859)578-2742 13.4 PK-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.