St. Joseph Academy
At SJA, we pride ourselves on our high academic standards and encourage our students to strive for excellence.
Our curriculum encompasses Religion, Language Arts (which includes Reading, Writing, Spelling, and Grammar), Handwriting (K-8), Phonics (K-3), Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
The curriculum is further enriched by weekly classes in Special subjects, including PE, Music, Art, Library and Computer (K-8). Providing a disciplined, structured environment allows our students to thrive.
Our smaller class sizes (7:1 ratio) allow our teachers to meet the individual learning needs of each student and nurture their unique gifts. Classroom technology, including CleverTouch boards, chromebooks, and computers are just one of the many methods used by our faculty to individualize their instruction to the academic needs of each child.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked KY School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 68 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,975
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Joseph Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 11%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Uniform - see handbook for details
Uniform - see handbook for details
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Contact St. Joseph Academy for Tuition Assistance
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Sr. Patricia Jean, SJW - Principal
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- While adhering to our values, we focus on providing students with the skills they need to be life-long learners and leaders who strive for excellence. We are accredited by the Kentucky Non-Public School Commission and are committed to providing our students with the tools, both spiritual and academic, to prepare them for high school and their future.
- St. Joseph Academy has been preparing children to grow and succeed in this ever-changing world for over 40 years. Investing in your child`s elementary school education will pay off far beyond 8th-grade graduation.
- Our students benefit from a rich and varied curriculum. Private school students consistently score higher than the national average on standardized testing.
- For more information please contact 859-485-6444 or email@example.com.
- https://sjawalton.com/forms/Register your child today!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Joseph Academy cost?
St. Joseph Academy's tuition is approximately $4,975 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Joseph Academy?
The acceptance rate of St. Joseph Academy is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
What sports does St. Joseph Academy offer?
St. Joseph Academy offers 3 interscholastic sports: Archery, Cross Country and Tennis.
What is St. Joseph Academy's ranking?
St. Joseph Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for St. Joseph Academy?
The application deadline for St. Joseph Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Joseph Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.