St. Joseph Elementary School
- St. Joseph Elementary School is a small Catholic school located in the heart of historic Mendham Borough in Morris County, New Jersey.
- The education mission of St. Joseph School encompasses four dimensions: message, community, worship, and service.
- As proclaimers of the Gospel message of peace, hope, and love, all that we do should reflect this in our way of life.
- Our faith community is strengthened and unified through prayer, Eucharistic celebrations, and religious projects.
- This nurturing and support moves us to direct our energies to the world.
- Such activities as value sharing, role modeling, and participation in various community projects, build upon the concept of social justice.
- Through love and service our hearts and minds turn outward to build the Kingdom of God here on earth.
- The St. Joseph School faculty consists of ten full-time and nine part-time teachers, a full-time library/media specialist, a part-time guidance counselor, and a full-time nurse.
- A part-time supplemental instructor and a speech teacher instruct classified students.
- All full-time teachers are certified and well trained in subject matter and pedagogy.
- Staff development is a crucial part of improving the educational program, and teachers take advantage of a wide variety of opportunities to enhance their skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1114 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
LivingstonGrades: 6-12 | 599 students
91 South Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
DenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
Denville, NJ 07834
Morris PlainsGrades: PK-8
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017