St. Josephs School
Tel: (952) 442-4500
- OUR MISSION: In partnership with family, parish and the community, St. Joseph Catholic School serves God and community by educating Pre-K through 8th grade students.
- The school develops the whole child by providing an education integrated with traditional Catholic values and spirituality.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Please ask school for uniform policy.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Cribbage Club, Science Fair, Student Council, Yearbook, Young Rembrandts, Youth Enrichment Classes|
- OUR PHILOSOPHY: Our school is a Catholic community where students, parents, staff and administration work together. We function as a community celebrating liturgy, our Catholic legacy, and life as worship. The learning process is a partnership shared by the student, who accepts the responsibility and challenge for his/her own education; the parent, who serves as primary role model for learning in each child's life; and the teacher, whose expertise guides the learning activities of the student. We maintain that knowledge is a means of education, not its end. We recognize that as a Catholic school, academic knowledge integrated with Catholic values helps foster positive and productive character in our students. We believe that all education is a lifelong pursuit.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waconia Grades: NS-8 | 238 students
601 E 2nd St
Waconia, MN 55387
(952) 442-4165 0.4 NS-8
- Mayer Grades: PK-8 | 144 students
209 Bluejay Avenue
Mayer, MN 55360
(952) 657-2339 5.7 PK-8
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 108 students
512 County Road 10 SE
Watertown, MN 55388
(952) 955-1419 6.2 PK-8
- Victoria Grades: 9-12 | 405 students
8101 Kochia Lane
Victoria, MN 55386
(952) 443-4659 6.9 9-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.