St. Lawrence Seminary High School
- St. Lawrence has existed, since its founding in 1860, as a school for the formation of Catholic high school and college young men interested in pursuing a vocation to ministry in the Catholic Church.
- As the understanding of ministry has grown within the Church, the school has historically adjusted its purpose to respond to the various ministerial needs of the Church and society.
- Underlying the school’s philosophy is the conviction that the primary obligation of all Christians is to witness to gospel values in that life vocation to which God calls them.
- Combined with this belief is the additional conviction that such values are not only the path to eternal salvation and union with God for each individual but also the only real remedy for the ills of the human community.
- Therefore, the staff of St. Lawrence wishes to promote and foster these values in themselves and in the adolescents who enter into and participate in the life of the community.
- The overriding purpose for St. Lawrence’s existence is to promote, foster, and live principles and values announced in the gospel of Jesus Christ and articulated in the Catholic Church.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants and solid colored polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes room, board, book rental, class dues, student council fees, initial school sweatshirt and Phy Ed uniform. We offer need based financial aid to all domestic families to assist in the affordability.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. David Bartel|
|Admissions Associate||Deann Sippel|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bike Club, Bowling, Forensics, Math Team, Astronomy, Band, Choir, Drama, Human Rights, International, Yearbook, Hilltopics, Student Government, Reading Clubs, Table Tennis, weightlifting Bike Club, Bowling, Table Tennis, weightlifting, Forensics, Math Team, Astronomy, Band, Choir, Drama, Human Rights, International, Yearbook, Hilltopics, Student Government, Reading Clubs,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fond Du LacGrades: PK-8 | 133 students
N9290 County Road W
Fond Du Lac, WI 54937
Mount CalvaryGrades: PK-12 | 80 students
W2090 Highway 23
Mount Calvary, WI 53057
Fond Du LacGrades: PK-12 | 599 students
114 Amory St
Fond Du Lac, WI 54935
Fond Du LacGrades: PK-8 | 242 students
55 Prairie Road
Fond Du Lac, WI 54935
EdenGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
W1562 County Road B
Eden, WI 53019
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?