St Lawrence Seminary High School
- St. Lawrence has existed, since its founding in 1860, as a school for the formation of Catholic high school and college young men interested in pursuing a vocation to ministry in the Catholic Church.
- As the understanding of ministry has grown within the Church, the school has historically adjusted its purpose to respond to the various ministerial needs of the Church and society.
- Underlying the school’s philosophy is the conviction that the primary obligation of all Christians is to witness to gospel values in that life vocation to which God calls them.
- Combined with this belief is the additional conviction that such values are not only the path to eternal salvation and union with God for each individual but also the only real remedy for the ills of the human community.
- Therefore, the staff of St. Lawrence wishes to promote and foster these values in themselves and in the adolescents who enter into and participate in the life of the community.
- The overriding purpose for St. Lawrence’s existence is to promote, foster, and live principles and values announced in the gospel of Jesus Christ and articulated in the Catholic Church.
St Lawrence Seminary High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and solid colored polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes room, board, book rental, class dues, student council fees, initial school sweatshirt and Phy Ed uniform. We offer need based financial aid to all domestic families to assist in the affordability.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. David Bartel|
|Admissions Associate||Deann Sippel|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Astronomy, Band, Bike Club, Bowling, Choir, Drama, Forensics, Hilltopics, Human Rights, International, Math Team, Reading Clubs, Student Government, Table Tennis, weightlifting, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Delafield Grades: 7-12 | 240 students
1101 Genesee Street
Delafield, WI 53018
(262)646-7199 53 7-12
- French Camp Grades: 7-12 | 238 students
One Fine Place
French Camp, MS 39745
(662)547-6482 730.3 7-12
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.