St. Louis De Montfort Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #2 - The students participated in a Rosary Rally on the steps of the Pennsylvania State Capitol on Oct. 13, 2007, 90th anniversary of the miracle of the sun in Fatima.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #3 - A lively 12th grade class in session at our newly constructed classroom building.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #4 - Students greet State Representative Daryl Metcalfe after attending a lecture given by him at the Susquehanna Valley Conservatives.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #5 - The Academy marching band performs in honor of our fallen heroes in Northumberland, PA on Memorial Day.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #6 - Rep. Lynda Schlegel Culver visited the Academy in March, 2011
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #7 - Students went on a hike in the Pennsylvania hills with an Austrian Archduke.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #8 - Learning classical fencing and single stick as taught by our sword master Mr. Roark Mitzell is a favorite activity but students especially enjoy putting their skills to the test in a final battle against each of their peers.
St. Louis De Montfort Academy Photo #9 - Academy students serve Mass for Bishop Gainer, our Ordinary, at the Carmel of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
- St. Louis de Montfort Academy is an independent boarding school for boys, encompassing grades 7 through 12.
- Founded in 1995, it is staffed by full-time volunteers of the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP)(www.tfp.org).
- Prof. Plinio Correa de Oliveira, the great Catholic thinker, man of action, and inspirer of the various TFPs around the world, had a big influence on the founding of the Academy.
- His book Revolution and Counter-Revolution contains many of the principles and historic perspectives taught at the Academy.
- In addition, the Academy seeks to put these ideals into action by the formation of young men who are profoundly attached to their Catholic Faith and culture and disposed to defend them by word and example.
- St. Louis de Montfort Academy seeks to provide a solid academic foundation, where Catholic culture and civilization are emphasized.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math, American Literature, Chemistry|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Blue blazer, grey slacks, red tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We do not post tuition because we want to attract those who are interested in the formation we offer more than the low tuition cost.|
|Admissions Director||Ted J. Huerena|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- St. Louis de Montfort Academy is not a reform school, but rather an independent Catholic boarding school for boys from conservative and Catholic traditional backgrounds.
Profile last updated:
This is a hidden gem for boys aspiring to be catholic gentlemen. This is an extraordinary opportunity for young men to reach the heights of Catholicism and understand what it truly means to be chivalrous!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Joseph
All five of my sons attended St. Louis De Montfort Academy. I cannot adequately express the gratitude of my wife and I for the education, character and religious formation my sons received there. So many parents try to raise their children the right way and then one day their children leave the faith. St. Louis De Montfort Academy did such an excellent job of instilling Catholic values as well as religious zeal that all of our sons are faithful and zealous practitioners of their faith. One of my sons liked his experiences there so much that he ended up returning as an instructor. St. Louis De Montfort Academy is comprised of staff who are incredibly dedicated to the formation of youth.I once spoke to a priest who oversaw the religious program that the Academy uses (Seton). He told me in person that he used the papers submitted by the Academy Students to be the high water mark for essays because they were so excellent.Besides academics, even more importantly is the character formation. Students learn to live a chivalrous life, with faith, courtesy, respect, and the willingness to defend their faith with good apologetics training and action.If you want your son to receive an excellent faith experience, religious, educational and cultural formation then St. Louis De Montfort is worth considering.
- Posted by Parent - Francis
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.