St. Mark Catholic School
St. Mark Catholic School Photo #2 - The Christian Formation Center, of ST. MARK Parish, houses our School.
Our friendly and welcoming school offers small class sizes, which are ideal for giving students personal attention.
The ability to discuss and explore our faith allows for education of the whole child: spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 376 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- ST. MARK Catholic School, an extension of our Parish, is a Christ-centered community, welcoming God`s children to continually grow in grace and wisdom. Recognizing the dignity and uniqueness of each child, we promote academic excellence through a faith-based education. By developing a Catholic foundation rooted in faith, knowledge and service, we send forth our students on their journey through life to share the light of Christ.Although we are only eleven years young, we already have many wonderful traditions that help to form the strong Catholic identity of our students. Along with our parish, we are dedicated to service within the greater community and strive to live the Gospel by "fostering God`s love through knowledge and service to others." We do this through concrete experiences, such as our Virtue of the Month program, which enables us to discuss and live out virtues through student generated community outreach.St. Mark is committed to excellence in education and recognizes the needs of the individual student through differentiated instruction. Each classroom is equipped with interactive white boards and classroom sets of laptops are available for instruction and individual assignments. We incorporate Catholic Social Teachings whenever possible in our core instruction and seek opportunities for cross curricular instruction.We recognize the importance of parents as primary educators and strive to work in conjunction with you in the best interests of your child`s development: physically, spiritually, academically, emotionally, and socially. To meet the needs of the individual and family, we offer a variety of clubs and activities, extended day programs, and a state licensed preschool program.
St. Mark is warm and welcoming, you can feel the joy just walking into the school! From top notch academics to amazing teachers, a dedicated principal, and small class sizes, this school has it all. St. Mark is the best decision We ever made!
Love, love, love St. Mark school! Challenging academics, warm, loving environment and happy students! Our son was soooo well prepared for high school! So grateful we found this school!
Endorse St. Mark Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.