- St. Martha School, under the guidance of the pastor, is a vital ministry of St. Martha's Parish in Sarasota, Florida.
- St. Martha School encourages the formation of self-confident, motivated, faith-filled students and instills in them a lifelong love of God and learning.
- They are nurtured and challenged in a Christ-centered environment to achieve strength in faith and excellence in knowledge while embracing the Christian values of personal responsibility, moral courage, respect, patience, humility, sacrifice and social justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||441 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki or Navy shorts, pants, skorts and Polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,315|
|Tuition Notes||Fees $750 PreK $7020|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maria Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Gymnastics, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aerobics & Exercise, Body & Movement, Caring Crafty Kids, Chess, Children's Rosary, Choir, ClubTech3, Competitive Rumikub, Creative Writing, Dance, Debate, Drama, Drama Productions, Gymnastics, Home Economics, KNN News, Karate, National Junior Honor Society, Running, Upcycling & Refashioning Chess, Choir, ClubTech3, Dance, Debate, Drama, Gymnastics, Home Economics, KNN News, Karate, Running, Aerobics & Exercise,
Body & Movement,
Caring Crafty Kids,
National Junior Honor Society,
Upcycling & Refashioning,
- In partnership with Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church, the mission of St. Martha Catholic School is to provide each student with diverse opportunities which develop strength in faith, and excellence in knowledge and learning. Students build character through their Christian service to the school, parish, and world communities. St. Martha Catholic School is a Catholic Christian community that strives to integrate, in the lives of its members, the message of Jesus. The philosophy is based on the belief that the home and school are partners responsible for creating an environment for the child that nurtures his/her spiritual, physical, psychological, social and intellectual growth to his/her fullest potential. St. Martha Catholic School strives to provide a curriculum which gives opportunity for growth in the student's relationship with Jesus while building competance in academic disciplines, basic skills, aesthetic appreciation and physical development. Our school seeks to enable the children to construct a realistic framework for living, accept their limitations, develop their capabilities and develop a just and loving moral code and mind that inquires and seeks the truth. The faculty is aware that the Catholic faith is not merely taught from books, but more realistically inspired by the teachers who strive to provide the children with a model for Catholic living in their relationships with one another and with the children. Fully aware that we are educating citizens of the Kingdom of God and of contemporary society, St. Martha Catholic School bases all policy decisions, whether they involve worship, curriuclum, finances, discipline or extracurricular activities, on the merits of their potential for fostering child growth within the framework of a Catholic community that works for the common good of society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SarasotaGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
2911 Bee Ridge Rd
Sarasota, FL 34239
SarasotaGrades: PK-8 | 188 students
4466 Fruitville Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232
BradentonGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
5512 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34207
BradentonGrades: PK-12 | 660 students
315 41st St. W.
Bradenton, FL 34209
SarasotaGrades: PK-12 | 441 students
5415 Bahia Vista Street
Sarasota, FL 34232
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.