The Covenant Preparatory School
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (281) 359-1090
- Founded in 1993 as Northeast Christian Academcy, The Covenant Preparatory School is an independent, co-educational, college-preparatory school for pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 students located in Kingwood, Texas and serving the Northeast Houston area. Covenant is committed to providing a college-preparatory education to Pre-K through grade twelve students based on Christian values and Biblical principles and to assist parents in developing individuals of strong intellect, spirit, body, and heart.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AB Calculus, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Latin, BC Calculus, Physics, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1235|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki, gray or black bottoms & crimson, white or gray polo shirt with school logo. Shirts must be purchased from the school uniform store or Lands End.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Application Fee - $75 Registration Fee - $500 ISEE testing fees apply to grades 2 -12. Our tuition varies based on grade-level. Contact admission or visit our website for tuition rates for your child's specific grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sheri Tomiello|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Latin Club, National Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Theater Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
- The major distinction between Covenant and other schools is that we are a Christian, Classical, college-preparatory school committed to a classroom culture that is more engaged, interactive and dynamic. Our goal is to graduate students that are well prepared for college academically and that are able to think analytically, critically and biblically as well as, communicate eloquently, logically and persuasively.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Humble Grades: PK-12 | 286 students
16202 Old Humble Road
Humble, TX 77396
(281) 441-1313 5.8 PK-12
- Humble Grades: NS-10 | 49 students
702 Atascocita Rd
Humble, TX 77396
(281) 441-3292 5.1 NS-10
- Porter Grades: 2-12 | 6 students
20721 Baldwin Lane
Porter, TX 77365
(281) 354-5678 6.1 2-12
Covenant has proven to be the best decision for our children's education. We started with our oldest when he was in 7th grade and it was such a seamless transition from his previous school that we decided to transfer our other two children (then in 3rd and 5th). Our youngest began her schooling here in kinder. We have been with the school now for four years and are truly pleased with the challenging curriculum and conservative, loving environment. The quality of the faculty and staff is top notch! Covenant has many gifted teachers and the entire staff provides an amazing level of support and encourage to the students.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 4 Covenant students
Excellent teachers, administrators, and staff.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
This school means so much to our family. The education my kids are getting is top-notch - and they're getting it in an extremely loving, joyful, and Christ-centered environment. I can't think of a better place for my kids to learn and grow! I'm beyond impressed by what they're being taught in every subject area. This isn't just another Christian school - this is truly a college-preparatory curriculum. But, I particularly love that the school focuses on developing students as individuals who can stand firm for and defend their beliefs, even if they don't have the popular opinion. The teachers go above and beyond for each and every child and truly partner with the parents on this journey. The administration is immediately responsive to every concern. I'm thankful every day that we have this school here in our community!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This will be my child's 4th year as a Covenant student and we are very pleased with her experience. She has made great academic gains through the support of her teachers and she loves her Covenant family. Covenant has been a great choice for our family.
- Posted by Administrator - School Administrator
Covenant Preparatory School is a wonderful school that provides an exceptional education while fostering a loving, kind environment.
- Posted by Parent - E. Case
This is our 4th year at Covenant and I could never say enough about how grateful I am that God brought us here. The Covenant Preparatory School has been an amazing blessing for our family-- The teachers are extraordinary and we are beyond blessed with our amazing Headmaster. My expectations continue to be exceeded at Covenant with it's rigorous education, Christ centered and family-minded culture. We are confident we are exactly where we belong!
- Posted by Parent - Lower School Mom
New headmaster has school headed in right direction. Strong faculty that really care about the students.
- Posted by Parent - Kingwood parent
Great school. The classical, Christian model they use is amazing at both academic achievement and building people that love Truth, Goodness and Beauty. Intellect and wisdom is actively combined to build great thinkers with virtue. The traditions and eternal purpose they imbed in all they do makes this school about more than information, they are about formation.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of middle and high schoolers.
Love this school! We have been here for several year and have watched our children excel in math and reading. The highly qualified teachers go above and beyond the curriculum and show an amazing love for their students.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Lower and Middle School children
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.