St Mary Magdalene School
- St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School exists to develop students who have academic strength, strong moral values and a deeper understanding of their Catholic faith, so that they succeed as individuals who make wise choices, choose to serve others and attain communion with God.
- We believe that in our Christian community children will experience a fun, safe, kind and loving learning atmosphere that is interwoven with Catholic faith and gospel values.
- We believe teachers and parents share the responsibility for the religious, intellectual, moral, physical and social formation of the student.
- Parents and teachers work together through mutual respect and understanding toward the common good of each child.
- We believe nurturing educators strive to identify individual learning styles and emotional needs in order to challenge and reach each learner through inventive and exciting methods.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants/shirt and school shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on student age, Catholic or not, has siblings|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Rocha|
|Admissions Associate||Principal Joshua Raab|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Spirit Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Humble Grades: NS-10 | 49 students
702 Atascocita Rd
Humble, TX 77396
(281)441-3292 2.3 NS-10
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.