St. Mary Catholic School
- St. Mary Catholic School is dedicated to a total education program in grades PreK3 through Eighth grade.
- The mission of the school is to ensure learning for all our students within the framework of Catholic Christian values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
|Tuition Notes||7100 Non-Catholic 5800 Registered/Active Catholics|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Linn|
|Admissions Associate||JoAnn Daley|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Liturgical Dance, Science Olympiad|
- The initial steps for admission to SMS are completion of the Prospective Student form, submission of current and prior year report cards and the current/prior year EOG`s or standardized test results and a copy of your child`s birth certificate. A Principal Evaluation Form, completed by the Principal of your child`s former school, should be faxed or mailed directly to St. Mary School. The Principal of St. Mary School will review all records and will make the decision of acceptance. The principal makes final decisions for all admissions. Every effort is made to meet the needs of children of all learning styles and abilities.St. Mary School will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origins. Admission priority is given to siblings of students presently enrolled in grades pk3 through 8th and active members of St. Mary Parish and all Catholic parishes including transfers from out-of-town parishes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: NS-8 | 371 students
806 Piner Rd
Wilmington, NC 28409
(910)392-2067 7.4 NS-8
- Wilmington Grades: 6-12 | 39 students
3110 Randall Pkwy 1
Wilmington, NC 28403
(910)343-3321 2.3 6-12
- Wilmington Grades: NS-8 | 360 students
1013 Eastwood Rd
Wilmington, NC 28403
(910)452-2800 5.6 NS-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.