St Mary Catholic School
Tel: (910) 762-5491
- St. Mary Catholic School is dedicated to a total education program in grades PreK3 through Eighth grade.
- The mission of the school is to ensure learning for all our students within the framework of Catholic Christian values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
|Tuition Notes||7100 Non-Catholic 5800 Registered/Active Catholics|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Linn|
|Admissions Associate||JoAnn Daley|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Liturgical Dance, Science Olympiad|
- The initial steps for admission to SMS are completion of the Prospective Student form, submission of current and prior year report cards and the current/prior year EOG`s or standardized test results and a copy of your child`s birth certificate. A Principal Evaluation Form, completed by the Principal of your child`s former school, should be faxed or mailed directly to St. Mary School. The Principal of St. Mary School will review all records and will make the decision of acceptance. The principal makes final decisions for all admissions. Every effort is made to meet the needs of children of all learning styles and abilities.St. Mary School will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origins. Admission priority is given to siblings of students presently enrolled in grades pk3 through 8th and active members of St. Mary Parish and all Catholic parishes including transfers from out-of-town parishes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 327 students
806 Piner Rd
Wilmington, NC 28409
(910) 392-2067 7.4 PK-8
- Wilmington Grades: 6-12 | 39 students
3110 Randall Pkwy 1
Wilmington, NC 28403
(910) 343-3321 2.3 6-12
- Wilmington Grades: NS-8 | 360 students
1013 Eastwood Rd
Wilmington, NC 28403
(910) 452-2800 5.6 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?