- Small class sizes A viable school with growing programs Dedicated and caring teachers and staff An iPad mini for each student Daily on-site hot lunch Pre-K to 8th grades Full day Kindergarten 3 and 4 year old full-day Pre-K program Spanish, Technology, Physical Education, Music and Art Bus service for students living in the Gibraltar School District Tuition Assistance CYO Sports Clubs and activities: Technology Club, Band, Cheerleading, Lego Club, Minecraft Club, Running Club and more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autusim/Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School has two dress code providers.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||School offers both in and out of parish tuition rates, discount for multiple children. Many tuition assistance options are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Stager|
|Admissions Associate||Jocelyn Heggie|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Bowling, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Junior Hockey, Lego Club, Math Counts, Minecraft Club, National Junior Honor Society, Running Club, Science Club, TED-Ed Club, Technology Club Band, Bowling, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Junior Hockey, Lego Club, Math Counts, Minecraft Club, Running Club, Science Club, TED-Ed Club, National Junior Honor Society,
What our families are saying:
- "This was one of the best decisions we could ever have made! St. Mary school has exceeded our expectations!"
- "We have a close-knit "family" here, made up of caring people whose goal is to educate our children so they demonstrate academic success while helping them develop a faith-filled foundation for their lives."
- "This school is a `treasure' and we are so thankful that God brought us here."
- "While we valued the religion we knew they would learn, we also wanted a solid academic education to prepare them for high school and beyond. The ethics, morals, and values that are intrinsic to the school have enforced what we strive to teach at home."
- "I know that our Catholic faith, the faith that our family holds so dear, is not just limited to a half hour religion class, but incorporated throughout the school day and that our motto, `Pray, Work, Study, and Play in Christ's name` is more than just a motto, it is an underlying guiding principle to every aspect of school life."
- "Our children are not only growing academically, socially, and physically, but they are blossoming spiritually as well in an environment where doing just that is not only tolerated, but encouraged. That, to me, is priceless."
- "When I get asked that question, "Is it worth it?" by my friends and family. Without hesitation, I answer, `Yes. There is no place else I'd rather they be.`"
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TrentonGrades: PK-3 | 78 students
2901 Manning St
Trenton, MI 48183
NewportGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
8125 Swan Creek Rd
Newport, MI 48166
TrentonGrades: PK-8 | 145 students
2675 3rd St
Trenton, MI 48183
RiverviewGrades: K-2 | 131 students
18888 Dix Toledo Hwy
Riverview, MI 48193
Grosse IleGrades: PK-KG | 112 students
9393 Church Rd
Grosse Ile, MI 48183
We LOVE St Mary School! With small class sizes and amazing teachers, I am thrilled with the academic progress my daughters are making. The teachers are truly committed to finding ways to challenge the students to excel and for those students that struggle, the teachers go above and beyond to make sure they succeed as well. The principal is both easily accessible and always ready to listen, as well as energetic and enthusiastic. And I can not say enough about the wonderful families who attend St Mary! They are warm, friendly, and welcoming. They have become a part of our family! We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful school where our daughters can live out their Catholic faith while receiving an education that is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - kella
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.