Gabriel Richard Catholic High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Gabriel Richard Catholic High School is a co-educational high school in the Archdiocese of Detroit that is committed to the development of the total person.
- We strive to foster a faith community in which gospel values are formed, proclaimed, and experienced through serving others.
- Gabriel Richard Catholic High School, sharing in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church, recognizes its responsibility to students, parents, and community. We provide an academic environment that fosters respect, personal growth, critical thinking, and responsible moral choice.
- In teaching the Catholic faith, we emphasize a response to the call for justice and peace in the world as compassionate leaders, through a commitment of service in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP US History, Honors Algebra 1, Honors Algebra 2, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Human Anatomy and Physiology, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish III, Honors Spanish IV, Honors World History and Geography,|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,450|
|Tuition Notes||Gabriel Richard offers merit scholarships and financial assistance to families who qualify. Families are also eligible for assistance through the Archdiocese of Detroit and must apply. Per MHSAA regulations, GR does not award athletic scholarships.|
|Admissions Director||Fran Gosen|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Dance, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Gabriel Richard offers a variety of co-curricular activities including vibrant art, drama and campus ministry programs and clubs., music music, Gabriel Richard offers a variety of co-curricular activities including vibrant art,
drama and campus ministry programs and clubs.,
- Gabriel Richard is a college-prepartory Catholic school located in the heart of the Downriver area. With 15 AP courses and 13 honors classes, GR offers "big-school opportunity" in a close-knit environment. To support learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, each student receives a free Chromebook as part of the 1:1 technology program, and GR was the first school in the state of Michigan to implement Chrome@home days. GR offers more than 20 varsity sports, including lacrosse, and has vibrant campus ministry, art, music and drama programs for students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DetroitGrades: 9-12 | 159 students
15325 Pinehurst St
Detroit, MI 48238
Allen ParkGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
15305 Wick Rd
Allen Park, MI 48101
NoviGrades: 9-12 | 1041 students
27225 Wixom Road
Novi, MI 48374
My son is a sophomore at GR and loves the school. He is challenged with honors classes and is looking forward to AP classes next year. Very nice staff and family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - Kevin
We have an academically-gifted daughter who attends Gabriel Richard and we couldn't be happier. While she has always done well in school, the public grade school and middle school she attended never challenged her to reach her full potential. It's amazing how much academically stronger she has become since she has been at GR. We are also impressed at how much individualized attention and care she receives. Smaller class sizes allow staff to get to really get to know students. We don't feel like she's just a number or a warm body in a seat.
- Posted by Parent - johna
Gabriel Richard Riverview continues to be THE best high school option in the Downriver/Southeast Detroit area. The curriculum is challenging with many AP options and all classes are taught with a college prep style. Graduating students are FULLY prepared for college and consistently maintain a high GPA while in college because they have been taught to learn and study. There are many athletic and extra-curricular activities and all are encouraged to participate regardless of ability or skill level. The culture of the school is one of patience, inclusivity, respect and tolerance for fellow students, teachers and staff. The tuition "cost to value" ratio is remarkable. We have a son currently enrolled and will be sending our younger son to Gabriel Richard also because we want the best for our children. Gabriel Richard will help to cultivate the character of both of our children during the formidable high school years and will provide both of them many choices in terms of college and university options. We expected and continue to expect a lot from Gabriel Richard and this school meets and exceeds ALL of our expectations.
- Posted by Parent - matt.
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017