Gabriel Richard Catholic High School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Gabriel Richard Catholic High School is a co-educational high school in the Archdiocese of Detroit that is committed to the development of the total person.
- We strive to foster a faith community in which gospel values are formed, proclaimed, and experienced through serving others.
- Gabriel Richard Catholic High School, sharing in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church, recognizes its responsibility to students, parents, and community. We provide an academic environment that fosters respect, personal growth, critical thinking, and responsible moral choice.
- In teaching the Catholic faith, we emphasize a response to the call for justice and peace in the world as compassionate leaders, through a commitment of service in a global society.
Gabriel Richard Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP US History, Honors Algebra 1, Honors Algebra 2, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Human Anatomy and Physiology, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish III, Honors Spanish IV, Honors US History, Honors Western Civilization|
|Average SAT score||1055|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,999|
|Tuition Notes||Gabriel Richard offers merit scholarships and financial assistance to families who qualify. Families are also eligible for assistance through the Archdiocese of Detroit and must apply. Per MHSAA regulations, GR does not award athletic scholarships.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kenneth Stephens|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Figure Skating, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
drama and campus ministry programs and clubs.
Arts and Music Programs:
Gabriel Richard offers a variety of co-curricular activities including vibrant art, music
- Gabriel Richard is a college-prepartory Catholic school located in the heart of the Downriver area. With 15 AP courses and 14 honors classes, GR offers "big-school opportunity" in a close-knit environment. To support learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, each student receives a free Chromebook as part of the 1:1 technology program, and GR was the first school in the state of Michigan to implement Chrome@home days. GR offers more than 20 varsity sports, including lacrosse, and has vibrant campus ministry, art, music and drama programs for students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allen Park Grades: 9-12 | 375 students
15305 Wick Rd
Allen Park, MI 48101
(313)388-0110 4 9-12
- Detroit Grades: 9-12 | 141 students
15325 Pinehurst St
Detroit, MI 48238
(313)861-2407 15.3 9-12
I have two children at Gabriel Richard. One is a senior and the other is a freshman. Both kids have thanked me time and time again for their opportunity to attend GR. I think that speaks volumes in and of itself! Having attended a public school K-8 they chose GR for high school and have never looked back! Despite it being a rigorous curriculum and lots of hours studying, both kids wouldn`t choose anywhere else. The sense of community and family is what makes GR so GReat! Staff cares about students and they have high expectations for all. Being a college prep school makes it the "norm" to want to do well and be successful. Kids study together both in and out of school. It`s the culture of the school to strive to be your best. Aside from academics, GR has a lot of sports and clubs offered. Most kids are involved in things outside the usual school day. The students become family more than friends and look out for each other. I will be sad to see my senior move on; however, I do feel he is prepared to face the world in front of him thanks to his preparation at GR. He will be attending college to play a collegiate sport. Thanks to his prep at GR, he also received several athletic and academic scholarships for college! GR is worth the investment!
- Posted by Parent - SC
My son is a sophomore at GR and loves the school. He is challenged with honors classes and is looking forward to AP classes next year. Very nice staff and family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - Kevin
We have an academically-gifted daughter who attends Gabriel Richard and we couldn't be happier. While she has always done well in school, the public grade school and middle school she attended never challenged her to reach her full potential. It's amazing how much academically stronger she has become since she has been at GR. We are also impressed at how much individualized attention and care she receives. Smaller class sizes allow staff to get to really get to know students. We don't feel like she's just a number or a warm body in a seat.
- Posted by Parent - johna
Gabriel Richard Riverview continues to be THE best high school option in the Downriver/Southeast Detroit area. The curriculum is challenging with many AP options and all classes are taught with a college prep style. Graduating students are FULLY prepared for college and consistently maintain a high GPA while in college because they have been taught to learn and study. There are many athletic and extra-curricular activities and all are encouraged to participate regardless of ability or skill level. The culture of the school is one of patience, inclusivity, respect and tolerance for fellow students, teachers and staff. The tuition "cost to value" ratio is remarkable. We have a son currently enrolled and will be sending our younger son to Gabriel Richard also because we want the best for our children. Gabriel Richard will help to cultivate the character of both of our children during the formidable high school years and will provide both of them many choices in terms of college and university options. We expected and continue to expect a lot from Gabriel Richard and this school meets and exceeds ALL of our expectations.
- Posted by Parent - matt.
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.