St Mary Elementary School
- St. Mary's School exist in order to create a Catholic educational community where human knowledge, enlightened and enlivened by faith, is shared by teachers, students, parents, pastor and the parish community.
- Each individual student at St. Mary's School is important. Learning to like Christian values is part of the development of the self-identity of each child as a person within the Community of Faith, the Church.
- St. Mary's School endeavors to develop the mental, the emotional, the social, the physical, and most of all, the spiritual life of each child.
- Therefore, the curriculum is considered. Each child's learning and experiences will affect his/her ideas attitudes and habits of living, not only in the school, but at home, in the parish, in the local community, and in the Community of Faith, the Church.
- Catholic faith is a way of life for the Catholic family, not a mere presentation of doctrine by a teacher in a classroom.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children. We rely on the family to practice, support, nurture and develop the Catholic faith through regular Mass attendance, active participation in the sacraments, etc.
- Non-Catholic families should practice the beliefs they profess and respect our Catholic faith as we respect theirs.
- St. Mary's admits children of any race, religion, color or national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities, generally accorded or made available to children at school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hoskins Grades: PK-7 | 16 students
212 W 4th St.
Hoskins, NE 68740
(402)565-4517 17.3 PK-7
- Hadar Grades: PK-8 | 23 students
105 Elm St
Hadar, NE 68738
(402)371-0685 24 PK-8
- Norfolk Grades: 2-5 | 12 students
401 E Park Ave
Norfolk, NE 68701
(402)379-0383 24.5 2-5
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8 | 330 students
511 South 5th Street
Norfolk, NE 68701
(402)371-5536 25.1 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.