St. Mary's Of Medford
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Mary’s School has provided its students a high quality, college-preparatory experience in the best traditions of Catholic education, morality, and social service since 1865.
- Our faculty strives to meet the needs and interests of our students, getting to know them as individuals, and engaging them as partners in a meaningful curriculum.
- Our students “walk the walk” by contributing many thousands of hours of service to the greater community each year.
- St. Mary’s also offers a full range of extra-curricular programs and athletics.
- St. Mary’s graduates excel academically, are well-rounded, and have gained knowledge in an environment that encourages spiritual growth and reflection.
- Our students tend to succeed in college and in life beyond.
- St. Mary’s School provides a community in which intellectual curiosity and academic excellence combine with Catholic and democratic values to inspire and prepare responsible local, national, and global citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP German Language, AP Latin Vergil, AP Macro Economics, AP Micro Economics, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Physics C: Mechanics,|
|Average SAT score||1260|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call the admissions office for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Naumes Vega|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Ski Program, Astronomy Club, Brain Bowl, Choir, International Travel, Jazz Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Orchestra, Outdoor Program, Student Government|
Club or Organization:
Book Club, Chinese Club, Community Service Commitee, Game Club, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Robotics, Spanish Clu
St Mary's probably ranks top 10 in the north west. It guides students on one-to-one basis all the way. Very frindly teachers, always there to help kids and parents when needed. we found the best for our son.
- Posted by Parent - amith
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.