St Mary's School
- The purpose of St. Mary School is to provide opportunities for the child to develop his/her potential: spiritually, intellectually, socially, and emotionally, in a secure, caring and stimulating environment.
- St. Mary School is committed to teach the Gospel message of Christ; to build a community characterized by sharing, educating, and believing; and to serve through prayer, worship, and social action.
- We believe the youth of the school community should be brought to recognize and respond as educated Catholics to any need within society they recognize.
- We believe each child is a unique individual with skills and talents that must be cultivated and needs that must be recognized and met.
- We are dedicated to excellence in education and to fostering an atmosphere of self-learning, critical thinking, responsible action, and peacemaking.
- The school's focus on religious education, high academic standards, and the celebration of spiritual and community values nurtures the development of a positive and productive approach to successfully meet the challenges of modern life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WoburnGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
8 Myrtle St
Woburn, MA 01801
- WalthamGrades: PK-8 | 277 students
920 Trapelo Road
Waltham, MA 02452
- LynnfieldGrades: PK-8 | 432 students
40 Grove St
Lynnfield, MA 01940
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.