St Charles School
- St Charles is a Catholic school that serves the spiritual and educational needs of the children on the San Carlos Apache Reservation.
- Aware that we are serving a people whose native culture and talents have been suppressed for decades, we are dedicated to helping our students be all they can be: as Apaches, as Christians, and as Americans.
- Our firm commitment to the precepts and teaching of Christ guides us in our educational goals and objectives, in our evangelization, and in our service to the student and people of this beautiful land.
- We see our role as truly influential in the lives of the students.
- We believe that in serving their educational needs, we are promoting the good not only of the child, but of the family and community.
- We believe that our school carries out Christ's instruction to:" go forth and teach all nations".
- We honor the parents' role as first educators and share in their commitment to Christian living within the Apache tradition.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Peridot Grades: K-8 | 78 students
Az Hwy 170-1 Mile North Of Hwy 70
Peridot, AZ 85542
(928)475-7537 2.8 K-8
- Whiteriver Grades: K-8 | 134 students
4325 Fort Apache Rd
Whiteriver, AZ 85941
(928)338-4455 44.3 K-8
- Safford Grades: PK-12 | 23 students
401 W Relation St
Safford, AZ 85546
(928)792-2858 56.8 PK-12
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 31 students
30 N. Willow St
Florence, AZ 85232
(520)868-1728 57.8 PK-12
- Apache Junction Grades: PK-K | 75 students
2122 S Goldfield Road
Apache Junction, AZ 85219
(480)288-8534 60.5 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.