Lexington Christian Academy
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (781) 457-6000
Lexington Christian Academy Photo #2 - Lexington Christian Academy is an independent, college preparatory, day and boarding school educating students in grades 6-12.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo #3 - Offering 28 teams in the middle and upper school, the Lexington Christian Academy Lions are committed to using their athletic experience to glorify God and pursue excellence while learning life lessons through competition.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo #4 - Our Academic Advising program provides 1:1 mentoring to our 9th and 10th graders to help each student define and achieve what success looks like in their own journey at LCA.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo #5 - Every year our students participate in service projects where they are able to serve and bless our neighbors and community by helping with yard work, and other projects.
- Lexington Christian Academy is an independent college preparatory day and boarding school that exists to educate young men and women in the arts and sciences in the context of a complete commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Founded in 1946, Lexington Christian Academy provides exceptional academic preparation that nurtures the whole person. Since then, LCA has operated with the belief that faith and learning are key and inseparable components of Christian education.
- A deep quest for truth and knowledge, paired with critical thinking are made complete, not compromised, by sincere faith. We believe that every student can thrive in school, and we work to create spaces to make that belief a reality.
- We strive to develop well-rounded and multi-dimensional people, focusing on engaging the heart, mind, body, and soul of everyone in our community.
Lexington Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Day Program: Grades 6 & 7 - $27,800 Grade 8 - $29,200 Grades 9-12 - $31,950 7 Day/Traditional Boarding (grades 8-12): $62,800 Regional Boarding (New England Residents): 5 Day - $50,000 7 Day - $55,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ryan Patrie|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Torjesen|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
- Our middle school provides a warm and challenging environment for 6th through 8th grade students. Students are not simply taught necessary information, they are lovingly and faithfully guided in finding out how they learn. Our faculty are intentional about creating authentic opportunities for interdisciplinary work, and encouraging students to develop their confidence to ask tough questions and tackle ambitious academic goals.
- Our upper school program cultivates students who are equipped to succeed. We provide intentional academic and college advising, and we offer a rigorous roster of AP, honors, and college prep courses. Our students pursue their passions through robust arts programs, competitive athletics, and special academic and career exploration opportunities like concentrations and senior internships.
- 5 AND 7 DAY DOMESTIC BOARDING
- Our 5-Day Boarding Program is an option for domestic students who live in New England but outside of the daily commuting range. During the school week, students can participate fully in school activities and have structured time for homework as well as free time for socializing. On the weekend, students return home to spend time with their families.
- We are committed to providing a warm and caring `home` environment which supports our excellent academic program. Students who board full-time will find the structure and guidance needed to get the very best from the educational opportunities at LCA. Our program focuses on helping students to find balance as they grow heart, mind, body, and soul.
- 7-DAY INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL BOARDING
- Over the years, LCA has been home to students representing over a dozen different countries. With ample space in our 70-room boarding facility, students are able to fully experience learning in the greater Boston area. We are committed to providing a warm and caring `home` environment which supports our excellent academic program. Students who board will find the structure and guidance needed to get the very best from the educational opportunities at LCA. Our program focuses on helping students to find balance as they grow - heart, mind, body, and soul.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 5.4 PK-12
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 395 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 402-2250 8.5 9-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 8 5-12
I am impressed with the reputation is of a high quality according to its ratings by parents, the caliber of the teachers, the array of courses, the design of the curriculum and classes and more. I am sure that when I visit and talk with teachers and administration, my impression will be enhanced.Tomorrow I will interview for a special education tutor position for which I am highly qualified and highly excited about too.
- Posted by Teacher - Private Tutor: K-12
It`s like the old adage about Art, "you know it when you see it". It`s the same with LCA you have to experience it, to understand it. I first understood it as a student at LCA many years ago and then was blessed to re-appreciate it as a parent, through my daughters. They came home with that glow of experiencing LCA for the first time. I didn`t have to ask how it went - it was written on their faces and in their subsequent attitudes, actions and accomplishments. Almost immediately and without any pressure, they were excited about learning again, trying new sports they`d never played, performing on stage in front of the school, participating in new opportunities like Model UN and STEM programs. Each morning, our daughters hurry to get to school early, and remind us to pick them up late, because they have after school activities and sports practices. They`re not merely excited to attend LCA, they`re excited to BE LCA to represent the school on the field & the court, in the classroom - doing shadow days with prospective students, in the world - telling their friends how much they love their school. Instead of trying to be something for everyone, LCA thrives by being everything for some and from first-hand experience, it`s a special family to be part of.
- Posted by Parent - AE
When our family was looking for the next steps for our two daughters as they were moving to Middle School, we were encouraged by some friends to check out Lexington Christian Academy. We visited an Open House with our daughters and were blown away by the teachers and their passion and understanding of Middle Schoolers! You could just tell that they absolutely loved these inquisitive, awkward and silly aged children! We also were very encouraged by the mission of the school to "educate young men and women in the arts and sciences in the context of a complete commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ." This was very important to send our kids to a school that would be teaching the same christian values we have in our home. We love LCA because whether they are teaching science, math, literature or art, they bring the students back to the core values of the school GLORIFYING GOD - PARTNERSHIP -TRUTH - RESPECT - EXCELLENCE- HONESTY. There is room for critical thinking, artistic expression, so many opportunities for leadership and also service to the community and the world.
- Posted by Parent - Blessed Parent
LCA is a great school. As first generation Brazilian-Americans we needed a school that was more than a brick building pushing kids through as a factory assembly line. We needed a school that was small enough to care for our child as a person and big enough to strategically position them to attend top rated universities. A school that excelled in academics but did not forget the person behind the grade. If you are a parent doing your research on `best schools to attend` I highly recommend and challenge you to call the school and schedule a visit. As a Christian father worried about the right place for my child to attend, I sat in that very place 4 years ago. Today I have 2 children attending the school and two more on their way in. Reviews good or bad are not enough. I invite you to come and feel the environment and see it for yourself. The place is vibrant and full of life. Teachers come alongside you as a parent and hug, pray and challenge your kids the whole child. I am a real parent, writing a real review trust me, I`m not a bot!
- Posted by Parent - M. Viana
Lexington Christian Academy is more than a school - it's a community where our children are growing and thriving. It's a place where our children's natural, God-giving talents and abilities are not only uncovered and revealed, but honed and strengthened day by day. The faculty and staff sincerely care about each and every student at LCA. From their state of the art facilities, to the playing fields, to the performing arts center, there is a place to grow and thrive for every student at this school.
- Posted by Parent - AmberMoody
We have two daughters who have flourished at LCA under the loving and discerning care of the faculty. The faculty really get to know the students, challenge them, and draw out their gifts and talents. Our girls started in 6th grade and are now in HS. They've been able to participate in Honors and AP level courses, play sports, participate in the performing arts, develop great friendships, and grow spiritually. As parents, we value education highly and have benefited from some of the best schools and Universities in the country. We were searching for a school with high academic standards that also truly loved our children. We found that at LCA.
- Posted by Parent - Grateful
lca was a great school until junior high.... it was over the top on home work and the finals were outrageous ! i like where i am now... bye
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rosal
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?