St Mary's School
- St. Mary's School is to develop a loving relationship with God and others, and to serve God and each other in the St. Mary's faith community.
- Children are taught by word and example the meaning of our Catholic faith.
- Students are offered the opportunity to interact in a positive Christian atmosphere.
- Children are taught to accept responsibility for their actions and behavior.
- Students are encouraged to respect the ideas, rights, and uniqueness of others.
- Students learn to appreciate diversity in the American culture. Children experience the meaning of Christian values and service to others and community.
- Teachers and staff provide solid Christian role models for all students.
- Teachers grow professionally by keeping current with educational innovations. Faculty/staff encourage positive feelings and good self-esteem among teachers/ students/parents, realizing that all are working together toward common Christian educational goals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.