At St. Mary's School, our mission is to be a community of faith in which we nourish each child's spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional growth.
Our faculty and staff are here to serve you. Please stop by and get to know us and feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do to make this a wonderful time for you and your family.
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 175 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,000
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
$7,500 K-8 for non-supporting Parishioner $6,000 PreK full-day tuition $35 Application Fee $375 K-8 Registration Fee $225 PreK3 & 4 Registration Fee $150 Building Fee
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Mary`s Catholic School has a long-standing tradition in the Grayson County community, as it was originally founded as St. Joseph Academy in 1877 by theSisters of St. Mary of Namur. For over seventy-five years, the school provided primary education as both an elementary and secondary school.
- In 1966, a kindergarten was added, in 1988, a preschool, and the school and parish combined are currently planning to develop a brick and mortar high school. What will be the first Catholic high school in the Texoma region, St. Mary`s is projected to open to its first class of 9th grade students in Fall 2026.
- Today, St. Mary`s Catholic School remains dedicated to academic excellence and inspiring a faith-filled community of lifelong learners and compassionate leaders. We commit to teaching Catholic values and to following Jesus through meaningful service, prayer and love.
- We believe that the Catholic school provides a unique form of education to the students it serves. We believe that we can only achieve these goals with the full cooperation of the parents. We encourage our students to put forth his/her best efforts at all times to become individuals who model Christ, diligent lifelong learners, active individuals, learn through play, and are responsible citizens.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Marys Catholic School cost?
St. Marys Catholic School's tuition is approximately $7,000 for private students.
What schools are St. Marys Catholic School often compared to?
What sports does St. Marys Catholic School offer?
St. Marys Catholic School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Archery, Basketball, Indoor Soccer and Volleyball.
What is St. Marys Catholic School's ranking?
St. Marys Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Marys Catholic School?
The application deadline for St. Marys Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
This school is a God send. Our son struggled in a small public school and we enrolled him when he was in 3rd grade. He has since flourished and is grades ahead in the public school system. He loves going to school now and absolutely loves the disciplined, structure of the school. The teachers are amazingly patient and encouraging with every step. He is in the 5th grade now and loves, loves, loves going to school! The principal is also amazing. Very reasonable tuition. We both HIGHLY recommend this school!
Endorse St. Marys Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.