St. Matthew Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (248) 624-7677
St. Matthew Lutheran School Photo #2 - Students and staff at St. Matthew Lutheran School raised over $5,000 to Color Out Cancer" as part of their fifth annual Turkey Trot fundraiser.
St. Matthew Lutheran School Photo #4 - The seventh graders designed and presented Peace Projects to their Kindergarten buddies to enhance the teachings of our Peace Program that helps students of all ages maintain peace in relationships.
St. Matthew Lutheran School Photo #5 - To kick off Lutheran Schools Week, families gathered to decorate bags, write notes of encouragement, and packed 400 lunches. The following day, our 8th grade students delivered these lunches to The Noah Project in Detroit.
St. Matthew Lutheran School Photo #6 - Mrs. Brown's second grade class celebrated the 100th day of school by dressing as their 100-year old self.
St. Matthew Lutheran School Photo #7 - Seventh graders ready to go rafting during their week-long Outdoor Education Camp at Camp Wolverine in January.
- St. Matthew Lutheran, Walled Lake, MI provides an academically excellent, Christ-centered education, serving Preschool through 8th grade students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no jeans. specific chapel day attire required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,869|
|Tuition Notes||contact school for info|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Lancaster|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Destination Imagination, Ski Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- At St. Matthew Lutheran School, our motto is: Together in Christ: Learning, Growing, Serving. To accomplish this task, our dedicated faculty and staff are committed to providing a quality Christ-centered education to the students entrusted into our care. To help ensure that effective learning can take place, we have established a safe and nuturing environment where God's love, guidance, and grace permeate throughtout our facility.
- At St. Matthew, we strive to give our students and our Lord our best efforts. We are passionate about helping each child gorw to develop and become the young disciple that God intends for him/her to be. Utilizing current technology and instructional methodolgies , we are able to challenge our students to become innovative 21st century learners.
- Schedule a tour and observe for yourself what makes us unique.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We love St. Matthew School, the teachers, the staff, the principal. . I can't imagine sending our children anywhere else. Their learning isn't limited to science, math, reading, etc. They are learning about Jesus and learning how important and wonderful it is to serve and love others. It is our daughter's final year at St. Matt's. It's bittersweet to know that she'll be leaving the safety and comfort of a place that all three of our kids love so much but knowing that she's prepared to enter high school equipped with the tools to make good choices and share with others what's she has learned at St. Matthew.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.