St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School Photo #3 - The Maker Lab is the perfect place for student innovation and creativity.
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School is a coed Episcopal Day School, serving students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade.
- The School is dedicated to nurturing the heart, mind, and spirit of each of its students.
- We are proud of the academic success of our students, but even more so, of the habits of mind they are learning and demonstrating each day.
- Having your children attend St. Matthew's is a family commitment to providing the best possible education.
- It involves a desire to put learning first, experience new things and become involved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support specialist for mild learning differences|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform khaki pants and polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tish Scola|
|Admissions Associate||Roxy Nielsen|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
All St. Matthew's students take courses in Music, and Drama. Jr. and Sr. Choirs are offered from 3rd to 8th grades. Student and Faculty led club activities are designed into the weekly schedule. Enrichment courses such as Chess, Clubs - Programs - Athletics, Internation, Studio Art
- Children must be three years old by September 1 for our Preschool program. Children must be four years old by September 1 for our Pre-K program. Children must be five years old by September 1 for our Kindergarten program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)350-4528 3.1 PK-12
- San Mateo Grades: PK-5 | 258 students
1 Carey School Ln
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8205 1.5 PK-5
- Daly City Grades: NS-8 | 525 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
(650)756-3395 12.8 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415)421-5219 16.9 NS-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.