St Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten children take advantage of the wonderful outdoor spaces for play, gardening and riding.
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School is a coed Episcopal Day School, serving students in grades preschool through 8th grade.
- The School is dedicated to nurturing the heart, mind and spirit of each of its students.
- We are proud of the academic success of our students, but even more so, of the habits of mind they are learning and demonstrating each day.
- Having your children attend St. Matthew's is a family commitment to providing the best possible education.
- it involves a desire to put learning first, experience new things and become involved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / Jan. 26 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Williamson|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Lenigk|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
All St. Matthew's students take courses in Music, and Drama. Jr. and Sr. Choirs are offered from 3rd to 8th grades. Student and Faculty led club activities are designed into the weekly schedule. Enrichment courses such as Chess, Clubs - Programs - Athletics, Internation, Studio Art
- Children must be three years old by September 1 for our Preschool program. Children must be four years old by September 1 for our Pre-K program. Children must be five years old by September 1 for our Kindergarten program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BurlingameGrades: PK-12
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.