St Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten children take advantage of the wonderful outdoor spaces for play, gardening and riding.
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School is a coed Episcopal Day School, serving students in grades preschool through 8th grade.
- The School is dedicated to nurturing the heart, mind and spirit of each of its students.
- We are proud of the academic success of our students, but even more so, of the habits of mind they are learning and demonstrating each day.
- Having your children attend St. Matthew's is a family commitment to providing the best possible education.
- it involves a desire to put learning first, experience new things and become involved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / Jan. 26 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Ellen Williamson|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Lenigk|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||All St. Matthew's students take courses in Music, Clubs - Programs - Athletics, Internation, Studio Art, and Drama. Jr. and Sr. Choirs are offered from 3rd to 8th grades. Student and Faculty led club activities are designed into the weekly schedule. Enrichment courses such as Chess Internation, Studio Art, All St. Matthew's students take courses in Music,
Clubs - Programs - Athletics,
and Drama. Jr. and Sr. Choirs are offered from 3rd to 8th grades. Student and Faculty led club activities are designed into the weekly schedule. Enrichment courses such as Chess,
- Children must be three years old by September 1 for our Preschool program. Children must be four years old by September 1 for our Pre-K program. Children must be five years old by September 1 for our Kindergarten program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?