St Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten children take advantage of the wonderful outdoor spaces for play, gardening and riding.
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School is a coed Episcopal Day School, serving students in grades preschool through 8th grade.
- The School is dedicated to nurturing the heart, mind and spirit of each of its students.
- We are proud of the academic success of our students, but even more so, of the habits of mind they are learning and demonstrating each day.
- Having your children attend St. Matthew's is a family commitment to providing the best possible education.
- it involves a desire to put learning first, experience new things and become involved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / Jan. 26 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Williamson|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Lenigk|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
All St. Matthew's students take courses in Music, and Drama. Jr. and Sr. Choirs are offered from 3rd to 8th grades. Student and Faculty led club activities are designed into the weekly schedule. Enrichment courses such as Chess, Clubs - Programs - Athletics, Internation, Studio Art
- Children must be three years old by September 1 for our Preschool program. Children must be four years old by September 1 for our Pre-K program. Children must be five years old by September 1 for our Kindergarten program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
- BurlingameGrades: PK-12
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
- San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 924 students
801 Silver Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
- San MateoGrades: NS-PK | 196 students
900 Edgewater Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94404
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.