St Matthew's Episcopal School
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (956) 383-4202
- St Matthew's Episcopal School is a community of Christians equipping our children academically and spiritually for the future.
- All students deserve the encouragement and opportunity to gain the skills and values that will enable them to become responsible, caring and trustworthy citizens.
- St. Matthew's enrolls students from three year olds through sixth grade.
- Daily chapel is an important start to each day. Children are nurtured to develop an awareness of their Christian heritage and god's love and forgiveness through worship, music, drama, and the stories of faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St Matthew's Episcopal School is a community of Christians equipping our children academically and spiritually for the future. All students deserve the encouragement and opportunity to gain the skills and values that will enable them to become responsible, caring and trustworthy citizens. St. Matthew's enrolls students from three year olds through sixth grade. Daily chapel is an important start to each day. Children are nurtured to develop an awareness of their Christian heritage and god's love and forgiveness through worship, music, drama, and the stories of faith.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edinburg Grades: PK-8 | 170 students
119 W Fay St
Edinburg, TX 78539
(956) 383-3957 1.3 PK-8
- Edinburg Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
1711 W Alberta Rd
Edinburg, TX 78539
(956) 381-1117 2.1 PK-6
- Edinburg Grades: 4-11 | 10 students
506-510 East Van Week St.
Edinburg, TX 78541
(956) 318-1330 2.4 4-11
- Mcallen Grades: PK-K | 360 students
5401 N G St
Mcallen, TX 78504 3.1 PK-K
St. Matthews is genuinely one of the best schools around. The compassion and love that students receive from the entire staff is unmatched. I really appreciate the understanding from everyone that my children are a whole person. There's no question their entire well-being is nurtured; emotional, spiritual, physical as well as academic. As a former educator, and then later a homeschooling parent, there really isn't any other school I would trust with my children. Thank you St. Matthew's for everything that you do for children.
- Posted by Parent - Sofia
St. Matthew's is a wonderful school and has helped our son learn and grow in a warm, family focused, Christian environment! We have been very blessed by experienced teachers and staff. We chose St. Matthew's because of the smaller class sizes, center based preK4 classroom style, and Christian environment and have been very pleased.
- Posted by Parent - Libby White
Highly recommend! St Matthew has been a great school for our daughter to learn and be part of a great community.
- Posted by Parent - Albert Barbosa
My son has flourished at this school. His motor, speech and social skills have developed quickly and dramatically during the first half of his Pre-K2 year. The classes are small, personalized, and perfect. The teachers’ and teachers’ aids are intelligent, patient and wonderful. I couldn't recommend this school more.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of PK2 Armadillo
My child has been attending St Matthew's for 7 years now, it's an amazing school. Teachers take their job far and beyond; making the school a safe and fun learning environment. We're truly a family; students, parents and staff. My family and I are so blessed to be part of the St Matthew's community!
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. C
This school is amazing! The staff is so welcoming, and the environment is so inviting! My daughter looks forward to school every day and enjoys learning! The class size is great; she is comfortable and is normally very shy!! She has grown so much as a student in the past three years and I know it's with the help of St. Matthew's! I especially love knowing she starts her day with chapel! Hands down love this school!
- Posted by Parent - Valarie Carcano
We love St. Matthew's! It is a joyful community that is academically challenging and lovingly supportive. We highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a special school experience for their child.
- Posted by Parent - JCM
Our daughter has attended St Matthew's for 6 years. It is a wholesome learning environment that instils good values. She loves the teachers and the closeness she feels with all of her peers. I love the class sizes of the school and the friendliness and experience of the staff.
- Posted by Parent - M Graham
St. Matthews has been an excellent school for our children to start at. Their small class sizes allow the students to receive individualized attention. Attending chapel daily helps to build a great character in the children. We love St. Matthew's!
- Posted by Parent - G Vela
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.