St Matthew School
- St Matthew School's mission is to enhance student learning in an environment that evokes the Catholic principles of love, respect, honesty, integrity and service to others.
- Here students are educated in a Catholic environment that strives to bring each child to his or her full potential.
- The fundamental teachings of Christ assist students in achieving excellence in their religious, academic, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Students are encouraged to develop self-discipline and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Students are encouraged to live their Catholic faith through service to others.
- Teachers use discipline in a manner that reflects the Catholic principles of respect for oneself and one's fellow human beings. Teachers instruct in a nurturing, caring and compassionate fashion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.