The Columbus Academy
The Columbus Academy Photo #2 - Plays, musicals, cabaret skits, improvisation-Columbus Academy students get many opportunities to shine in the spotlight and back stage. Performance is not an extra-curricular activity at Academy but an essential part of a student`s personal and academic growth, teaching accountability and instilling confidence in their talents.
Founded in 1911, Columbus Academy is a coeducational school enrolling 1,171 students from our Explorers Program to Grade 12. Academy offers a challenging liberal arts, college preparatory program. Located on a 231-acre campus nine miles northeast of Columbus, the school draws a diverse student body of 434 students in grades 9 through 12, from a 30-mile radius in central Ohio. Approximately 25% of the student body receives financial assistance to help with the cost of tuition.
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Yearly Tuition: $30,900
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 1 / rolling
The Columbus Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Biology, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Chemistry, Chinese, Comparative Government, Computer Science 1, Economics, English Composition, English Literature, Latin, Modern European History, Physics 1, Physics 2, Spanish Language, Statistics, US Government, US History, World History
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Khaki pants/skirts, polo shirts)
(Khaki pants/skirts, polo shirts)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Each year, students in PreK through Grade 12 receive grants totaling more than $3.2 million from Academy, with the average grant just over $11,000.00.
Summer Program Cost Notes
More information at www.columbusacademy.org/summer
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
- Founded in 1911, Columbus Academy is a coeducational school enrolling 1,171 students from our Explorers Program to Grade 12. Academy offers a challenging liberal arts, college preparatory program. Located on a 231-acre campus nine miles northeast of Columbus, the school draws a diverse student body of 434 students in grades 9 through 12, from a 30-mile radius in central Ohio. Approximately 25% of the student body receives financial assistance to help with the cost of tuition.
Profile last updated: 08/18/2021
Endorse The Columbus Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.