The Columbus Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Yearly Tuition: $30,000
- Acceptance rate: 57%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Columbus Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants/skirts, polo shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1911, Columbus Academy is a coeducational school enrolling 1,171 students from our Explorers Program to Grade 12. Academy offers a challenging liberal arts, college preparatory program. Located on a 231-acre campus nine miles northeast of Columbus, the school draws a diverse student body of 434 students in grades 9 through 12, from a 30-mile radius in central Ohio. Approximately 25% of the student body receives financial assistance to help with the cost of tuition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Columbus Academy cost?
The Columbus Academy's tuition is approximately $30,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Columbus Academy?
The acceptance rate of The Columbus Academy is 57%, which is lower than the national average of 89%. The Columbus Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Ohio with low acceptance rates.
Does The Columbus Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, The Columbus Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Columbus Academy offer?
The Columbus Academy offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. The Columbus Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for most sports offered.
What is The Columbus Academy's ranking?
The Columbus Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for: Highest average ACT score, Lowest average acceptance rates, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered, Oldest founding date and Largest endowments.
When is the application deadline for The Columbus Academy?
The application deadline for The Columbus Academy is Feb. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse The Columbus Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards