Columbus School For Girls
- At CSG, vibrant, confident, empowered girls thrive in an environment created specifically for them.
- Opportunities are abundant at CSG leadership development, academic excellence, ethical growth, artistic distinction, athletics, and the development of a lifelong love of learning.
- Expert faculty members know each student individually, and a relevant, meaningful curriculum is grounded in project-based learning.
- Founded in 1898, CSG is an independent college preparatory school accredited by the Independent Schools of the Central States (ISACS), serving girls pre-school through grade 12.
- Conveniently located just east of downtown Columbus in Bexley, CSG enrolls students from 51 zip codes and 31 local schools, generally within a 50-mile radius.
- CSG embraces the vitality of our diverse community, and provides a curriculum that reflects multiple cultures and connectedness. In 2015, 38% of CSG`s student body are students of color, 31% receive financial aid, and we welcome students from a wide range of religions, backgrounds and family structures. An overall 8:1 student/faculty ratio ensures that students will receive attention appropriate to their academic, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
Columbus School For Girls places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||564 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology; AP Calculus AB; AP Calculus BC; AP Chemistry; AP English Language; AP English Literature; AP European History; AP Government & Politics: US; AP Government & Politics: Comparative; AP Latin; AP Music Theory; AP Physics C: Mechanics; AP Spanish, Honors Algebra II; Honors Biology; Honors Chemistry; Honors Geometry; Honors Physics; Honors U.S. History (Grade X); Post-AP Multivariable Calculus/Linear Algebra; Post-AP Advance Reading in Latin Literature|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Campbell plaid skirt, white polo, navy cardigan)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 6 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,945|
|Tuition Notes||$2 million in need-based financial aid is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,740|
|Admissions Director||Chelsea Woods|
|Admissions Associate||Stephanie Hill|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Diving, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
30+ special interest and awareness clubs, Author visits, book club and school literary magazine, both internal and external, cooking classes, D.C. (VIII), FIRST LEGO Robotics league and First Robotics Team, gardening, Middle School overnight class trips to Camp Wilson (VI), piano and swimming, School newspaper and Yearbook, Science Discovery at Stone Laboratory (VII) and Washington, service learning projects, Student council, Upper School May Program: Mini-courses and internships
Arts and Music Programs:
band and choir begin in Grade 4, Canada, Fine Arts and Photography, Four main stage theater programs, Instrumental and vocal music including strings and select choir, Strings, Upper School form XI trip to Stratford Shakespeare Festival in Ontario
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Lower school form IV and V offer Basketball, Soccer Skills, Tennis and Volleyball
- CSG defines what it means to be an empowered girl who can discover her true voice and embrace her full potential. CSG features distinguished academics and abundant STEAM offerings, including a robotics program that begins in first grade and continues through high school. In autumn 2012, CSG opened its new Wellness and Athletics Complex, comprised of an Aquatic Center featuring an 8-lane competition pool with dive platforms, Fitness Center, and Wellness/Yoga Studio. A 400-seat state-of-the art theater was completed in the spring of 2014.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: NS-12 | 1121 students
4300 Cherry Bottom Road
Columbus, OH 43230
(614)509-2220 6.3 NS-12
- Columbus Grades: NS-8 | 440 students
817 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230
(614)536-6101 6.2 NS-8
CSG had great potential, but their elitist and out of touch attitude ruined their honestly superior academic curriculum. The teachers and administration are arrogant and insist on evaluating people by the color of their skin. The student body is primarily Jewish, and the worldview follows from their superior view towards other races and ethnicities, with the favored identities taking precedence. The girls are snobbish. It did give me a good foundation for my future but at the expense of any semblance of quality of life or enjoyment of high school. I attended for 7 years and hated every single one. The reviews won't let me give the school anything but 5 stars. Figures.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jane Eden
I absolutely love CSG for my daughter over the last 6 years. The school atmosphere is a peaceful and safe place for my daughter to spread her wings. The teachers are definitely on your team to shape your daughter into being a brilliant, independent, kind individual. The best part is that all the families want to be there, and are supportive of the administration; it's a great environment for a child to learn.
- Posted by Parent - 6yr parent