Bishop Watterson High School
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 906 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,745
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
Academics and Faculty
(males - black uniform pants, white shirt and tie; females - uniform jumper, white shirt and knee socks)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
33 Clubs 2016-17, Choir, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert, Fall Drama, Jazz Bands, Marching, Spring Musical
- Bishop Watterson High School is a comprehensive, co-educational, Catholic school for grades 9-12. It is located in a residential area serving the northwest quadrant of Columbus and Franklin County. A large majority of parents are college-educated, business and professional people. Bishop Watterson High School meets all State of Ohio education requirements and is fully accredited by the Department of Education, State of Ohio and the Catholic Diocese of Columbus. Bishop Watterson High School also received the U.S. Department of Education Exemplary School Award.
- More than 90% of the students are Catholic. Students come from the Columbus City Schools and seven suburban school systems Buckeye Valley, Delaware, Dublin, Hilliard, Olentangy, Upper Arlington, and Worthington. More than 99% of the graduates enter four-year and two-year colleges and universities. A typical graduating class will be dispersed to fifty or more colleges throughout the United States. Many of the top quartile will be attending our country`s most competitive colleges.
- The curriculum is college preparatory. The Advanced Placement, honors, and accelerated programs offer those students who qualify the opportunity to follow a stimulating curriculum designed for the academically talented. Students must apply and meet high academic standards/criteria to be placed into accelerated, honors and Advanced Placement courses.
Endorse Bishop Watterson High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards