Grace Christian School
- GCS provides an education that encourages a vital love for God, a commitment to academic excellence, and a dedication to serving others.
- Serving families for over 39 years, our students experience a superior, distinctively Christian education from preschool - 8th grade.
- Our curriculum is designed to provide students with a thorough and cohesive program of learning based on a Christian worldview. Teachers assist students in developing necessary skills and knowledge while fueling the natural curiosity of children.
- Through a well-planned scope and sequence, increasing in complexity and fostering essential independence, students are well prepared to move on to high school, with the utmost spiritual, academic, emotional and social confidence.
- A GCS Warrior accepts responsibility, demonstrates humility, and rejects passivity.
- If you want your student to be a Warrior and learn how to develop servant-leadership, excellence, kindness, and so much more, then GCS is the place for you.
Grace Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
National Middle School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||See website for detailed information regarding tuition and fees.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms required from Lands End)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for detailed information regarding tuition and fees.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Phillips|
|Admissions Associate||Becky Sager|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Discipleship NOW, National Association of Student Councils, National Junior Honor Society, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
String Orchestras, Vocal Choir, Vocal Ensemble
- OUR FOUNDATION Faith is not hope. Faith is the means by which we receive those things we hope for. Neither is faith sight. Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Biblical faith is an absolute requirement for answered prayer. The writer of Hebrews states, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6, KJV). As a school of faith and as teachers and staff at GCS, our purpose is to model and give witness to faith every day, and to inspire our students to do the same. Preparation: The Bible tells us that perseverance and preparation go together. Good intentions and hard work are not enough with God. He also expects us to be good stewards and use the information as well as the resources that He has provided us to fulfill our calling. In His mercy, God provides us with everything we need to succeed. As a school of preparation, we believe our students are called to learn to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and active participants in their faith, in their citizenship and as life-long learners.Community: Throughout the Bible, "community" is mentioned as a way of life, particularly in the early Church. God has always been calling out a people for Himself, beginning with Israel and continuing with the church. Community is the lateral relationship of the cross, with the vertical being our relationship with God. By definition: "Biblical Community is the body of Christ expressing the life and message of Christ to build up one another and redeem the world for God`s glory." As a school of community, we believe in the partnership of our families, the church and our school in reinforcing critical values. Those values include our hope in the Gospel message, respect for individuals, and the dignity of life.ServiceThe Bible tells us that each of us should use whatever gifts God has uniquely given to us to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. "Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." (Romans 12:4-6a) As a school of service, we believe each individual has a responsibility to the community. Service is belief in action, and ultimately, service enables our students to develop important leadership skills through Christ.SpiritIt is a common Bible teaching that how a man thinks is expressed in his actions (Prov. 23:7; Matt.12:34).The Hebrew word for 'spirit' means both the breath or mind, and also power. Our spirit, the essential us, refers to our thoughts and therefore also to the actions which we take to express those thoughts or disposition within us. On a far more glorious scale, God's spirit is the same; it is the power by which He displays His essential being, His disposition and purpose. God thinks and therefore does things: "As I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand" (Is. 14:24). As a school of spirit, we foster an environment where students learn, interact and develop friendships in a real world setting, allowing them to appreciate how each of us are uniquely created in God`s image, and to bind them together in our shared values.LeadershipCharacter is the conduit for producing Christian service and leadership. We lead out of who we are in Christ. Our relationship with Christ forms and shapes our person. We cannot separate our service and leadership from a composite picture of our values, beliefs and godly nature. Self-insight and learning and growing disposition ensure a maturing character and a more responsive leadership style. As a school of leadership, our goal is to inspire students into Christian leadership that embodies worshipping Christ, and includes a teaching and serving process that envisions, influences, shapes and enhances leaders and followers who realize God`s goals for change within their community
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: NS-12 | 1121 students
4300 Cherry Bottom Road
Columbus, OH 43230
(614)509-2220 6.5 NS-12
- Westerville Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
2655 W Schrock Rd
Westerville, OH 43081
(614)882-1493 11.9 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: NS-8 | 440 students
817 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230
(614)536-6101 5.4 NS-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.