St. Michael's Prep School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (949) 546-0637
- St. Michael's Preparatory School, a Roman Catholic, boys boarding school run by the Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey formally closed its door on June 30, 2020 and graduated its largest class in school history.
- This concluded nearly 60 years of educating high school boys in faith, academics, and character.
- This decision to close the boarding school for the foreseeable future was based on the multi-year relocation effort of the entire abbey to a new site in Orange County.
- Prudent opinion concluded it was too much to try to move both the abbey and school communities simultaneously without some accidental loss to one or both.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Advanced Courses||Ancient Greek, Economics, English, European History, Government, Latin, Math, Music Theory, Science|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy blazer, grey pants, white shirt, tie, black shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Toni Aeschliman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, SoccerArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
- Application Entrance Test Interview
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909) 482-5214 26.4 9-12
- Irvine Grades: 9-12 | 879 students
12500 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 387-1199 6.1 9-12
- La Verne Grades: PK-12 | 108 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
(909) 593-4672 26.4 PK-12
- Lake Forest Grades: PK-K | 55 students
23302 El Toro Rd
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 855-4599 9.2 PK-K
A+ in Spirituality A+ in Academics A+ in Choir Love this school!!
- Posted by Parent - moiha
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?